• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tsunami Warning - Guam, Hawaii and beyond...

Marlene

good news for sure!

one of the ways my life has changed by being a member here is events all over the planet are now personal as I worry about our signs101 friends who live in there.

VinylLabs.com

been trying to get in touch with my friend for a while now in tokyo. finally got through him on facebook of all places. his update: "I'm ok, that was some scary crap!"

Last edited by a moderator:

showcase 66

good news for sure!

one of the ways my life has changed by being a member here is events all over the planet are now personal as I worry about our signs101 friends who live in there.
+1

I just received a message thing on facebook to continue a "Prayer Wave" for the Japan and all the people who were affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Seriously. "PRAYER WAVE" In light of the events that happened, this seems awfully ironic. Poor choice of words in my opinion.

iSign

+1

I just received a message thing on facebook to continue a "Prayer Wave" for the Japan and all the people who were affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Seriously. "PRAYER WAVE" In light of the events that happened, this seems awfully ironic. Poor choice of words in my opinion.

yeah.. I see your point, but waves will not cease to be one of the wonders of nature that those living & working close to the ocean love... so don't let one rogue wave spoil the whole bunch :thumb:

shakey0818

I'm real glad your shop will be ok Doug,it would be a terrible thing to go home to a mess you couldn't help prevent.:thumb:

iSign

Austrtalia is not on the ring of fire so we are ok but Maui did get hit?
barely, but conditions were right that it had me more worried then in the several other warnings in previous years. Schools were all closed & inundation zones evacuated & roads closed off, tsunami sirens going... water travelled 1/3 of a mile inland in some areas, and resulted in 6" depths in some roadways, several coastal buildings flooded & maybe 1000 occupants staying in shelters. Not a disaster by any means, but it didn't exactly miss us either... it was just weak, thankfully :clapping: