• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tuckered out on this one

SignManiac

Started this on Monday and finished tonight Thursday...
I designed this, made it in four days and will be installing it tomorrow. I just like the way it all came together. All I was given was the county logo and the rest was left up to me.

The only thing difficult was the time frame. I was contacted only two weeks ago and told the 75th ceremony was on April 4th. I wonder when somebody realized seventy five years was coming up????

Oh, it's 7'h. x 5w.

This picture does it no justice. I'll see if I can get some better shots tomorrow.

Attachments

• health dept.jpg
    health dept.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 123

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like it turned out great, even with just 4 days to get it done.

wayne k
guam usa

SignManiac

Thank you...to make matters worse, it's been raining every day and we all know how slow paint drys when the humidity is 200% :)

njshorts

Looks great! Considering the last few days rain, tornadoes, etc, that must've been a big challenge.

SignManiac

It was.. Seemed like time was running out always. Just loading up now to go install. Hope to get some better pics later!

SignManiac

Well back from the install. I hate installs btw... They were pleased and I'm glad to be moving on to the next project. Here are a few better shots.

Face is two sheets of 4'x8' 3/4" oak plywood joined and cut down to the 7'h. x 5'w. finish size. The serving copy is v-carved into the wood and the numbers 75, scrolls are prismatic carved. The horizontal lines and inset stripe are 1/4" pvc. The ribbon panel is three layers of PVC stacked and carved. The rope border is all carved and hand painted. The logo is four layers of stacked 1/4" pvc with the small lettering v-carved into the white background. The outside edging under the oak is 1-1/2" HDU with a round over. I think that covers most of the details

Attachments

• HD-01.jpg
    HD-01.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 127
  • HD-02.jpg
    HD-02.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 119
  • HD-03.jpg
    HD-03.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 114

signage

Thanks for answering! I was thinking if that was a simulated wood grain I would like to know how you did it!