• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Turn key sign shop for sale Deal or Dud?

iSign

what were sales the last 5 years?
profit?

how many employees on average for the last 5 years?
how many today?

cost of rent? Length of lease?
competition in area last 5 years?
Today?

a77

that ad definitely warrants a visit to the owner, that's if you have the $$ and are really interested.

it all depends on what the books say about sales etc..

parrott

First hint: It's on Craigslist.

Second hint: "Quick sale".

Not saying you shouldn't look into it, but be very cautious.

John Butto

Thought you were in real estate, and you want our thoughts. If you have $75,000 cash, which I know you don't, so you would have to borrow it from your kin or loan shark because a bank is not going to give it to you. The guy's health problems are from not having any work in Naples and driving around in his 8 year old Astro Mini with no AC. So I say buy it, sounds like a good deal for you.

HulkSmash

Thought you were in real estate, and you want our thoughts. If you have $75,000 cash, which I know you don't, so you would have to borrow it from your kin or loan shark because a bank is not going to give it to you. The guy's health problems are from not having any work in Naples and driving around in his 8 year old Astro Mini with no AC. So I say buy it, sounds like a good deal for you.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLOLOOLLOLOOLOLOLOL

im dying right now. God i love you john.

Locals Find!

I am not planning on buying it for myself. Cash isn't the issue.

I don't have any interest in owning my own shop. I am always on the look out for something that I can turn over. This popped up on my radar.

As for being in Real Estate I can evaluate the building but, we are not business brokers.

That is why I asked simply if it was worth looking into further for some quick profit from some guys that know these machines and operations etc...

TheSnowman

If you buy it, don't pay a dime over what the equipment is worth. I bought a 25 year old business from my grandparents and even though I never struggled with having clients, after 5 years and getting all new equipment, I found the "idea" of buying a shop, still isn't worth much more than the equipment unless you have contracts in place.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Knowing you Addie, I'd do it.

If you can get $12. a square for banners, I'm sure you can flip that place for $375,000.00

For cripe's sake..... the entire package isn't even worth $35,000...... and you're wondering ?? You must see dollar signs in everything you see, that you don't have. Like others have said, stay in the real estate world and keep filing for your Mom and wife and just tend to the $100 2' x 4' banners. You'll make a killing there.:rock-n-roll: Maybe your kid will give a black eye in the other eye.

Locals Find!

Knowing you Addie, I'd do it.

If you can get $12. a square for banners, I'm sure you can flip that place for $375,000.00

For cripe's sake..... the entire package isn't even worth $35,000...... and you're wondering ?? You must see dollar signs in everything you see, that you don't have. Like others have said, stay in the real estate world and keep filing for your Mom and wife and just tend to the $100 2' x 4' banners. You'll make a killing there.:rock-n-roll: Maybe your kid will give a black eye in the other eye.

Apart from the insults Gino that was exactly the information I was looking for. It's overpriced. Not worth my time then. I make my living finding deals and flipping them for a profit. It's what investors like me do. I don't plan on doing this garbage for the rest of my life. I would like to retire one day and my little investments are building that nest egg.

HulkSmash

I am not planning on buying it for myself. Cash isn't the issue.

I don't have any interest in owning my own shop. I am always on the look out for something that I can turn over. This popped up on my radar.

As for being in Real Estate I can evaluate the building but, we are not business brokers.

That is why I asked simply if it was worth looking into further for some quick profit from some guys that know these machines and operations etc...

Something you can turn over...

hmmmm, let's think about this. You turning it over meaning you want to make monies on it..

Turning it over would literally require you working there for 3-5 years to increase the sales of the business,(let's be serious - that's not happening) which in turn would be you buying it for yourself.

The fact you asked if it's worth it without seeing any type of financials raises a huge red flag that you're a little out of your league in the business department. A simple craigslist post wouldn't be able to tell you that, and neither could we.

Locals Find!

Something you can turn over...

hmmmm, let's think about this. You turning it over meaning you want to make monies on it..

Turning it over would literally require you working there for 3-5 years to increase the sales of the business,(let's be serious - that's not happening) which in turn would be you buying it for yourself.

The fact you asked if it's worth it without seeing any type of financials raises a huge red flag that you're a little out of your league in the business department. A simple craigslist post wouldn't be able to tell you that, and neither could we.

I could care less about the financials. I was interested in the equipment value. The business itself is nothing. I don't give a damn about the clients. I would be interested simply on making money on the equipment.

If the opinion of professionals with way more knowledge than me say that the equipment etc.. isn't worth the asking price. I am not going to even waste my time contacting the seller to look further into it. End of story.