• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Turning big ball finials on my wood lathe.

GypsyGraphics

seriously, Adrian... the lathe bench really is very nice. it looks like something from the Old Yankee workshop... and the wedges... very cool!

tada... i so nailed it this time!

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I need 3,000 chairs for a church in Africa :southafrica: can you tell me please as to the price and what credit cards you accepting and method and payments for shipping ?? Me thanks you and so does the rev.... my brother.

:Oops:​

signmeup

I need 3,000 chairs for a church in Africa :southafrica: can you tell me please as to the price and what credit cards you accepting and method and payments for shipping ?? Me thanks you and so does the rev.... my brother.

:Oops:​
I'll need the name of your shipping company...

SignosaurusRex

VERY NICE! I love seeing nice work come off a Lathe. Years ago, I had an ancient 5 speed lathe with an 8' bed and 18" throw. Could work wood or spin/shape sheet metal. I miss it terribly but need for it died off and it eventually went down the road. I really like your design for self built Lathe. Simple, Sweet and Effective!:thumb:

skyhigh

especially the turning pic. ya know, looking at it again, not that i looked more than once but... is it just me, or does that look like a good opening scene for a a a ... oh never mind.

I think your confusing 2 different types of movies. You're thinking about a movie where the balls would be "caressed" (causing the ensuing mess that appears to be shooting on his shirt).
Keep in mind, Adrian has a sharp blade against his balls. This would fall into a "horror" type of movie.

Mind out of the gutter girl.

Nice job Adrian. I was watching this very thing on youtube this morning.

signmeup

Borden I think. I got my last bottle at Home Depot. I'll check tomorrow. Why...? What ya got in mind?

Jillbeans

Reminds me of the one This Old House when Norm was turning spindles for a porch banister.
His flannel-clad brawny forearms, the sawdust sticking into the hair and sweat there...
But I must say seeing your big balls really does something for me.
Love....Jill

signmeup

Here are the finials installed. I also built the flower bed this morning. It's a gorgeous day here today. 9 degrees and sunny... perfect for working outside.

Attachments

• 190mainBerwick.jpg
    190mainBerwick.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 115