• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ugh, another day with a supplier that is failing.

Pat Whatley

DON'T do it! Not proven! And has a font low res camera and a kickstand? You want to deal with all the problems the droid x had for a year and a half for a kickstand? Buy a kickstand case. Dude, it takes ALLOT for me to even remotely like something.

Fortune favors the brave, my friend. Nut up and get the Thunderbolt.

CES020

I do think ordering online is silly, pick up the phone, talk to a real person and get real time answers on what you need to order. I would never order online, i like to be personal with ordering supplies.

Fellers may be a bit higher on some things but i will have no problem paying more for good delivery time as well as fresh products as some have products laying around for months and years. They do price match, Just tell your rep you found the exact product cheaper at X and they will assist you. Not that hard.

So, according to you, I should drop the vendor I use now that gives me lower prices without asking, call a rep who called us once 2 years ago, ask him to give us better pricing, then start ordering from them. Why?

We all have vendors we like and use. What's in your back yard might not be in someone else's backyard. What you get next day, may take someone else 3-4 days to get. It's called running a business. You do what's smart for your business.

We order from all the major players from time to time. We also have our "go to guys" for the day to day things. I think we all have those relationships. I'm also so glad to hear that ordering online is so stupid they none of us should ever do it. I order from Harbor all the time online. I LOVE using their online store. Why? Because when I can't recall which product I ordered, the brown or was it the bronze, I can open my order history up, see which one I ordered, drop it in the cart, be done with it. If you think ordering materials online is stupid, I'm not sure what else to say. It saves me time and energy, as I can go right to what I want, lookup old orders, and I can do it at 8:00 at night when no one's there to take the order, I can order it on weekends, when no one else is there. It's convenient and it works.

Silly me, ordering online. I didn't realize I was so lost in running my business. Thanks for the tips, I'll stop doing those things that are efficient for me right away.

Malkin

I tried ordering online with Fellers last year once, it was pretty clunky.

I can see the benefit to ordering online, just make it work smooth.
For now I still hop on the phone for those guys.

Our only options for delivery are once every 2 weeks from vendor #1 or once a week for vendor #2.
While it would be great to live in a place where there was a sign supply house closer than 1 hour away, there would probably be much more local competition for us as well.

CheapVehicleWrap

I'll tell you that someday soon this whole internet and online ordering thing is really gonna take off. Mark my words. How do you feel about this whole touch tone thing? I'm ready to make the leap, just want to make sure it's solid.

J

john1

So, according to you, I should drop the vendor I use now that gives me lower prices without asking, call a rep who called us once 2 years ago, ask him to give us better pricing, then start ordering from them. Why?

We all have vendors we like and use. What's in your back yard might not be in someone else's backyard. What you get next day, may take someone else 3-4 days to get. It's called running a business. You do what's smart for your business.

We order from all the major players from time to time. We also have our "go to guys" for the day to day things. I think we all have those relationships. I'm also so glad to hear that ordering online is so stupid they none of us should ever do it. I order from Harbor all the time online. I LOVE using their online store. Why? Because when I can't recall which product I ordered, the brown or was it the bronze, I can open my order history up, see which one I ordered, drop it in the cart, be done with it. If you think ordering materials online is stupid, I'm not sure what else to say. It saves me time and energy, as I can go right to what I want, lookup old orders, and I can do it at 8:00 at night when no one's there to take the order, I can order it on weekends, when no one else is there. It's convenient and it works.

Silly me, ordering online. I didn't realize I was so lost in running my business. Thanks for the tips, I'll stop doing those things that are efficient for me right away.

If your experiencing problems as the OP then yes, switch suppliers. Why be a fool who gets good pricing but takes forever to get supplies and when they do arrive are tainted in someway?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
If your experiencing problems as the OP then yes, switch suppliers. Why be a fool who gets good pricing but takes forever to get supplies and when they do arrive are tainted in someway?

And I'm a fool for a little supplier loyalty because of the awesome service I got before but only recently am having troubles? Nice.

:U Rock:

njshorts

And I'm a fool for a little supplier loyalty because of the awesome service I got before but only recently am having troubles? Nice.

Not necessarily, but you have a business to run. Their problems shouldn't be yours. Give them a chance, tell them your side of what's going on. If they don't step it up, use it as a cautionary tale for your next supplier.

J

john1

It's all in how you take what i said, Obviously you took it negative. Someone burns you, wash your hands of them.

SameDay Signs

You should all look at a place called NGLANTZ & SON. There cheap, fast and reliable. I use them and Fellers for just about everything but I do use NGLANTZ for all my vinyl since there prices are cheap. Also dont be afraid to negotiate.