• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ugh, another day with a supplier that is failing.

showcase 66

N Glantz and Fellers are my two main suppliers. N Glantz ships up to my area free every Wednesday from Vegas and Fellers out of Phoenix is next day usually. Grimco for me has always taken a long time to receive. I think there is one in Vegas but anything I have ever ordered from them has taken over a week to get.

Billct2

Threads like this really make me appreciate our suppliers, mostly Hart & Garston. We get deliveries on their trucks 5 days a week. And there are others, New England Sign Supply & Nepco, that also deliver regularly. The competition between them keeps prices down.
I use Grimco for somethings (blanks & premade igns mostly)and they deliver (by courier I believe) but they always are out of stock locally and have to ship from somewhere else and then they charge for the shipping, which is supposed to be free. Feller is here too, but I don't have the right hat.

HulkSmash

Threads like this really make me appreciate our suppliers, mostly Hart & Garston. We get deliveries on their trucks 5 days a week. And there are others, New England Sign Supply & Nepco, that also deliver regularly. The competition between them keeps prices down.
I use Grimco for somethings (blanks & premade igns mostly)and they deliver (by courier I believe) but they always are out of stock locally and have to ship from somewhere else and then they charge for the shipping, which is supposed to be free. Feller is here too, but I don't have the right hat.

If the people who picked up the phone at fellers knew how to answer any of my questions i might use them more for other things. but they're always clueless.

Luckily for me Grimco and fellers are within 10 minutes of me.

CES020

Well it seems like it's working out for you....

It's working out just fine for me, I order from people who's websites work :)

I don't have a Grimco 10 minutes from me, so I don't get the outstanding friendship relationship you enjoy with your local grimco. I do however, have an Advantage sign local and I do have great relationships with them. I don't have to beg for price matching, I don't have to show receipts of previously purchased items from competitors. I just call them and they give me a good price, then the material shows up. No need for me to change just for the sake of chance.

Plus, it supports a Merchant Member here!

I'd like to order from Grimco, but I fight with their website. The "email my password" actually changes the password, and then I never get the email telling me what the new password is. It's not locked up on the server or hung in spam, it never gets here. So it changes my password and then I have no way to retrieve it. If I can't log in to the site, I can't place orders online. I've had a couple of issues with their website like that.

I also order standard "No Parking" signs from them and they showed up a week after I ordered them, rather than a day or two. They may be great, but every time I try to use them, it ends up being a hassle.

Get off their website and get on the phone, if you talk to them on the phone they will also be able to tell you how long it will take to get your order.

steve.leleaux

I have one supplier that has been letting me down a lot lately but Denver Sign Supply and Grimco have been great to me. Never heard of Fellers, do they have a location near the southeast?

CES020

Get off their website and get on the phone, if you talk to them on the phone they will also be able to tell you how long it will take to get your order.

Or.....I could keep ordering from the people I order from and not worry about any of it. What difference does it make to you who or how I order my materials?

Just for reference, I do order my stuff from Grimco by phone because I can't get their website issues sorted out. There are many times, however, on Saturday mornings, when it's quiet, than I can sit down and order materials. So they lose my business because of their website.

I think it's funny that I get singled out for having issues with their website, but others mention the same types of problems and no one ever says a word to them.

Geez, you Grimco fanboys are something else! Do you have apples too? :)

CheapVehicleWrap

Maybe because Fellers prices are more than others?

We used to use Fellers for most everything. They were awesome. Order it today, have it tomorrow morning. Then we started getting 2-3 day deliveries. Needed some material the next day for a rush job, Fellers didn't have it, called Advantage (Merchant Member here), got the material. Looked at the invoice and found them to be cheaper than Fellers by 10% or so.

I'd like to order from Grimco, but I fight with their website. The "email my password" actually changes the password, and then I never get the email telling me what the new password is. It's not locked up on the server or hung in spam, it never gets here. So it changes my password and then I have no way to retrieve it. If I can't log in to the site, I can't place orders online. I've had a couple of issues with their website like that.

I also order standard "No Parking" signs from them and they showed up a week after I ordered them, rather than a day or two. They may be great, but every time I try to use them, it ends up being a hassle.

I had that password problem for a year! Finally called and resolved it. $100 off a kit less than fellers.

I honestly could care less who you order from.
You make it sound like you will only order online with everything you said. I was simply trying to suggest calling instead.
I have never had a problem with their website myself however if I am ordering something that I need yesterday I call on the phone to make sure that I can get it next day.
You posted in this thread and people are trying to help you.

and

Yes I have an Apple

CES020

You posted in this thread and people are trying to help you.

Help me what? Switch to a supplier I already use? I have said at least twice now that I use Grimco and Fellers and we've had delivers come from both this week. How do you think I ordered them if I didn't call them?

I do call them. I did call them. I will call them. I was simply answering a question from John when he said "Why would anyone use anyone other than fellers or grimco". That's why We use others. I'm not suggesting anyone use anyone, I simply said who we use and why someone would use someone else.

I'm not sure how that turned into a "me against grimco" thread, but oh well.

HulkSmash

Or.....I could keep ordering from the people I order from and not worry about any of it. What difference does it make to you who or how I order my materials?

Just for reference, I do order my stuff from Grimco by phone because I can't get their website issues sorted out. There are many times, however, on Saturday mornings, when it's quiet, than I can sit down and order materials. So they lose my business because of their website.

I think it's funny that I get singled out for having issues with their website, but others mention the same types of problems and no one ever says a word to them.

Geez, you Grimco fanboys are something else! Do you have apples too? :)

Grimco fan boys? You're saying they have a bad website so you don't order from them. We're saying get on the phone. It's just another point of contact.

CheapVehicleWrap

Going for the Droid tomorrow. Now I'm between the Droid X and the Thunderbolt

DON'T do it! Not proven! And has a font low res camera and a kickstand? You want to deal with all the problems the droid x had for a year and a half for a kickstand? Buy a kickstand case. Dude, it takes ALLOT for me to even remotely like something.

CES020

Grimco fan boys? You're saying they have a bad website so you don't order from them. We're saying get on the phone. It's just another point of contact.

You really should learn to read. I have said about 3 times that I order from Grimco and I order by phone, not their website. If you can't read that part of any posts I posted, then you shouldn't post responses directed towards me. Go back and read the 3 times I said "I do buy from Grimco" or the "I call to order from them".

J

john1

CES020 i think you need to calm down and look at the situation. Nobody is bashing how or who you order from.

I do think ordering online is silly, pick up the phone, talk to a real person and get real time answers on what you need to order. I would never order online, i like to be personal with ordering supplies.

Fellers may be a bit higher on some things but i will have no problem paying more for good delivery time as well as fresh products as some have products laying around for months and years. They do price match, Just tell your rep you found the exact product cheaper at X and they will assist you. Not that hard.