• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ugh, can someone help

WildWestDesigns

A 166 MB for an eps file? Must be loaded with pics as well. Many reasons I like only dealing with vectors. Got a ways to go yet. Let you know when it gets here.

xxaxx

I downloaded it and it crashed my illustrator ... looks like it was a corrupted dropbox upload maybe.

WildWestDesigns

Time Out due to Operation Error.

Either their is something wrong with the file itself or there was something wrong with the drop box system on either upload and/or download.

xxaxx

I have had issues with dropbox doing that fairly often actually ... so I switched to Google Drive and haven't had a problem since.

signcrafters

Here is what it looks like

Still working on extracting the vectors.

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 77

signcrafters

Got it open in Flexi 10.5
You're gonna have issues.
Attached is a screen shot.
You'll see the background and name are all raster with just a few shapes as vector.
I can send a PDF if you would like (6.1meg).
PM your email address.
Greg
Sign Crafters

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 87

anotherdog

anyone want a logo designed? only $50 bucks. I get my money, you get a file you can't use.
bet it was in corel.

Last edited:

Doyle

We get crap like this fairly often. What I usually end up doing (which defeats the entire purpose of having a vector) is I open it in photoshop at the largest resolution that I can imagine ever needing the file (something like 4' x 8' @300ppi) and select all the layers and create an outline path, export paths to illustrator (export as .ai). Then I save it as a huge jpg, or resize for the specific application and save as a jpg, then just create a mask using the outline so you have a high-res bitmap with a clean contour/mask.

Circleville Signs

Or just explain to the customer that the photograph of the water splash looks like poop on a stick, and then take 20 minutes and draw it as a fully vector file....