• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ugh...can't get this :( Bevelled Font to match customers.

splizaat

Hey guys...I've played with this for like an HOUR in illustrator using 3D > Bevel and can't match it. Does anyone have the ability to match the image in the file with the text that's outlined in this file? I'm so stuck and am trying to have these stickers printed and done by tomorrow!

I'm panicking! I would love to know how to do this as well for future projects.

File can be downloaded from:: http://motogfx.com/matt/bryan/rpm.eps

-Matt
matt@motogfx.com

mikey-Oh

Could be a corel or maybe photoshop bevel.
If it was me, I'd trace the shapes just to be done with it.
Mess with filters when you had time to experiment.

Dave Drane

Dave Simpson will be happy that he is able to see his work being given away!! Steve from A&S may be interested to have a look as well.

iSign

looks like they already even have a "Report a copyright violation" button for Dan to shut down their crimes...

...must happen a lot at that site!

Dan Antonelli

Hmm - what did I miss - somebody stealing the font named after my wife?

Its stuff like this which make me have serious reservations about my next book being an e-book. Somebody uploads it to torrent or whatever and then what - a years worth of work down the drain.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hmm - what did I miss - somebody stealing the font named after my wife?

Its stuff like this which make me have serious reservations about my next book being an e-book. Somebody uploads it to torrent or whatever and then what - a years worth of work down the drain.

Wow... all my fonts apparently. Simple google search and presto. Lovely.

Guess I wont be releasing my next font either.:frustrated:

Dan, I know exactly how you feel. You haven't lived though until you have a guy hawking clipart pirated CD's walk in your front door and try to sell you your own work.

ucmj22

Dan, I know exactly how you feel. You haven't lived though until you have a guy hawking clipart pirated CD's walk in your front door and try to sell you your own work.

You complain, but someday I hope to have intellectual property someone finds useful enough to steal ;)

Sign Works

I pointed out a few sites like this to Steve @ A&S and he said that there are just too many to keep up with, that's got to be frustrating.

iSign

Well, make it right... Go to signDNA and buy the font you just used to
Make money... nobody is assuming you knew better... The rip-off sites are most to blame, as there is a lot of free-ware out there... but like a guy caught pawning hot goods... Maybe you came by the stolen property honestly, but you end up part of a crime anyway...

I bought all of Steve C's entire signfonts collection (different site, but same point) because once I realized I had some of his fonts from a "goody" bag of files another member sent me years ago... I realized I felt like scum having them, when they were the property of not just another talented, hard working sign guy... but a fellow Signs101 member too... So I ponied up the cash, never looked back, and in the end I have a lot of killer fonts, a new friend... And even got one of my layouts used on his business FB page!

Anyway, just my suggestion... Still give you kudos for coming back to this thread... you kinda fell in a trap here... one a lot of us have probably been guilty of, knowingly or not...

splizaat

For the record I didn't design the original, nor did I steal the font. Customer came to me wanting some little stickers of his logo. I just wanted to know a way to get the gradients correct...I actually thought it was hemi head 426 font since they look almost the exact same (minus the bevel) - so i used hemi head for a base and traced the panels manually. Tried getting the chrome look with gradients using the actual font but couldn't get it right so i gave up

I checked out his font site tho and bookmarked it...i LOVE the fonts he has. Reminds me of the old hot rodding fonts