• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ugh...can't get this :( Bevelled Font to match customers.

splizaat

lol that was before i realized the gradient was a bitch.

This actually DOES pose the perfect scenario for a legitimate question though. If customer brings you logo using a paid font and wants stickers or banners made, and you trace the logo and lettering. Is the font needing to be paid for even though someone's logo was hand traced and you assume that the original designer paid for the font? I have lots of questions regarding legality of fonts knowing that this subject has come up now/

Malkin

In that situation by rights you or the client should aquire the design rights (and files) from the original designer.

The original type designer is already out of the loop.

iSign

lol that was before i realized the gradient was a bitch.

This actually DOES pose the perfect scenario for a legitimate question though. If customer brings you logo using a paid font and wants stickers or banners made, and you trace the logo and lettering. Is the font needing to be paid for even though someone's logo was hand traced and you assume that the original designer paid for the font? I have lots of questions regarding legality of fonts knowing that this subject has come up now/

you're sidestepping the issue... whether or not the gradients "worked" for you, you needed the font, and inadvertently downloaded it illegally, installed it, and presumably didn't un-install it.

I was merely suggesting you consider paying face value & come out smelling like roses, having a bitchin' new font, & maybe even figuring out out to phuq with gradients long enuf to get yer money back outta the client! (many times over)