• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ugh, I'm an idiot. Customer troubles!

iSign

Make them get of their butt, come to your
shop to make any changes so they don't take advantage of you. Guaranteed they will only want to do it once.

Golden advice to use whenever you possibly can! -And you will arrive at a final design much quicker. Plus you can collect the down payment right there and then, and send them off with a printed and signed proof.

all the above is good advice in my opinion as well, but as Border said, I believe the highlighted portion of Mike Paul's is the most valuable of all...

By the way, where are we now? ..."the most recent proof?"
did you email another free proof for them to take to another sign shop, start over, saying here, we know exactly what we want... can you beat $X (your price)

Please take the great advice offered... more will come that way :peace!:

MariaMartini

You have 2 choices:

1, sit back and wait.
2, Chase them.

I have found that chasing them either brings up something like "Oh dam the appoval wasnt emailed". Or it was sent and you havnt recieved it (for what ever reason). either way you will get your appoval and the job can commence.

Sitting back. Will either show them you are too busy to be bothered with them. Or you don't care.

It all depends on what is important to you. for me customer service would make me let them know I am aware of their deadlines and see if I can help. depending on their answer it will at least let you see how you progress from there.

Personally I would email AND call, something along the lines of:

In your previous correspondence you indicated a deadline. As your deadline is fast approaching and as part of our customer service I just wanted to contact you to ascertain if there is anything my end holding the project up.

that should get you your answer one way or the other.

I really like that wording for the email.

I know you'all don't care about every minute detail about my customer interaction, but in case you are wondering, I just called him and of course his business partners haven't seen the proof yet. He does realize his order is going to take longer to produce and doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

MariaMartini

By the way, where are we now? ..."the most recent proof?"
did you email another free proof for them to take to another sign shop, start over, saying here, we know exactly what we want... can you beat $X (your price)

He decided he likes my second design, I just had to change up the colors a bit.

I pray he doesn't do that but if he does it's my fault and it won't happen again in the future.

Lunatic Taskbar

Great sounds like your moving forward. Cool.

Just make sure you recognize the steps and learn from this and it will really help you side step potential problems in the future.

I genuinely wish it all works out for you.