• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ugh....WHY!?!?!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Think this would work on sintra "crumbs"? When we get projects back from our C&C guy, even though they blow them off, there are still lots of little sintra crumbs all over the place. impossible to get out of carpet lol

I don't see why not. You don't need to press hard as the silicone is quite tacky naturally so they should stick without putting any pressure on the roller.

Air compressor! But seriously that should have been done while the sheet was still vacuumed down on the table. Also it looks like they ran the bit backwards. These are the edges I typically see on my drops, not cut parts.
Agreed that if you ordered one, the follow up order should match, and I'd kindly explain why I'm ordering one in the first place, and that I need the following 200 to be of the same standard.

I actually did explain why I was purchasing one blank to the same person I requested a discount for 117 more from so I was a little surprised to receive these but it's all good. The blanks are nice and they'll work now that I hammered through them and removed all the plastic.

Heck, most times as long as the exposed surface is pretty clean, I won't even remove the cover sheet but rather keep it intact as a buffer, kind of like a slip sheet, to prevent damage to the finished signs. But in this case, I had no choice but to remove and make dust everywhere.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I don't see how they make money cutting aluminum blanks on a cnc. They must have had a supply issue and this was the backup. Blanks cost a premium, they should be clean.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
I once got custom pre cut magnetic material from Harbor that looked like that - except the debris was magnetic chips - almost impossible to remove due to attraction-

gabagoo

I just got these yesterday from grimco. They are perfect...no debris

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 196

Mike Paul

Super Active Member

118 blanks,
Looks like a lot of cleaning and shit everywhere.

I wouldn't mind a few or even a dozen but that crap is going to be everywhere in your shop.
Reach out to your rep and tell them your not happy, I would...
Anytime I get aluminum blanks it has a thin pink protective layer that pulls up pretty easily.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
oh wow. my boyfriend would have thrown a fit. We cut ours outside and he complains everytime. That stuff makes a terrible mess.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Shop-Vac, stiff bristle brush & a minimum wage employee or unpaid relative/child and you are golden (same formula used to get sand out of vehicle carpet).

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We order 4' x 8' sheets of alum all the time and they have the blue or pink cover on them. We peel that off right away. Couldn't they just peel that off before chopping them up. Takes all of 5 seconds. But to peel them off after chopped is nuts.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We order 4' x 8' sheets of alum all the time and they have the blue or pink cover on them. We peel that off right away. Couldn't they just peel that off before chopping them up. Takes all of 5 seconds. But to peel them off after chopped is nuts.
Its protecting the surface during the cutting. And shipping

Mr. Signboy

Due to an almost constant lack of satisfaction with Grimco, we made the switch to Wensco recently. Unfortunately, Wensco doesn't sell these blanks, so I had to use Grimco. We would get so much damaged product from Grimco, it was crazy. Some were the shipper's fault, but most of it came out of the warehouse that way.
I recently ordered a few hundred sign blanks for www.usstandardsign.com, Grimco's price was ridiculous. Maybe give them a try instead.