• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ugly expensive job...

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
wow.
can't believe the owner/customer hasn't noticed

Attachments

• picture4kt.jpg
    picture4kt.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:

visual800

things about this that tick me off other than its crooked. White letter son a lite colored building, and the font is waaay to bold for the business and its crooked

It would cost alot for me to straighten that up, look on the side of those cans and tell us who did those damn things

Haakon

Hard to tell from the picture, but one possible reason might be this:

One building we installed some dimensional signs to was made of concrete elements with small rocks/gravel/pebbles (don't know the right word) embedded in the fascia. So we had to chisel out the rocks where the holes and pins would go, if the mounting placement interfered with the hard rocks. The shortcut version is to just drill the hole next to the rocks, making the holes randomly askew.

Took a good deal of time to chisel out the rocks since half of them were embedded into the concrete, but we had to do it to make it right. Looks like they did not bother here (if the situation is the same).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The ‘P’ is one of many. The ’O’ in front of it is too high along with the ‘C’ at the end. ‘SPORTS’ is all screwed up [and down]. It’s also slanting down than up on the ‘S’. ‘C’ in medicine is high. The ‘&’ is crooked. Even the ‘1’ is crooked.

This actually looks like someone completely new at installation installed this which had no business doing installations. I’m sure the installer was brought back to fix all of this. I’d never pay a penny for something that horrid.

MikePro

bad installers. they're just not trying... no way a few "pebbles"/steel studs or a round frontage would get in our way like that.

idsignsil

Yes this installation is very bad, but lets go back to the design phase.

Helvetica Black - to bold for that many letters / maybe not if the kerning was better, i.e. see my next point.
Kerning - what kerning - look at the last few letters of SPORTS and compare that to the crooked P that looks like there was not enough room so they had to install it crooked.
Colors - Visual800 has already mentioned the white letters on a lite colored building. Why not go black and use day/night perf so they light white at night.

Being a designer that also does some of the installation, I must say that the designer did not help one bit in this mess. And it looks like the installer just did not care.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i agree with EVERYONE, here. (no i did not install this "frankenchannel")
i am convinced that the installer decided NOT to opt with the
"would you like a $50.00 pounce pattern with this $12,000.00 order?" the sales person asked.
"nah, gonna smoke some **** and EYEball that...." it replied..
crikey!

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
definately looks eyeballed.... also - it looks like its that wire mesh crap with the stucco and foam on top. Hate that stuff.