• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ugly expensive job...

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
i thought stucco was applied directly to the wall, not applied to foam, wire mesh, and spaced 3-4" from the wall, like it is around here.

Also - wanna talk about a PITA - try installing on 50 year old formstone.

paul luszcz

The material you discribe is called Dryvit, which is a brand name. It is a synthetic material, not stucco. I'm not sure why stucco is not used in the northeast, but it rarely is.

TammieH

Maybe the client installed themselves? or... had their contractor do the install? Whatever, this is not a professional install as we all know.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
FYI its called stucco and it is everywhere in the southwest. That has to be the worst channel letter install I have ever seen.

That's E.I.F.S. (Exterior Insulation and Finish System), not stucco. One of the brand names is Dryvit, as Paul mentioned.

E.I.F.S. is incredibly easy to install signs in, which makes this install even more horrendous.

steeltech

Maybe the guy who installed it forgot to take his sports medicine? Maybe he took too much, and installed it with anger and fury. Imagine some juiced up muscle-head putting this together during an episode of roid-rage....