• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ugly font ID, please...

I'm having no luck with this one at all. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 225

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Grayling, but who knows why you would buy it. I can hand paint letters just as bad as these, and they would have more character to boot!

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Well, maybe if hand painting is out of your wheelhouse and you wanted to "fake" hand painting (but then it just looks fake). I cringe when I see fake hand lettering, and I cringe even more when the fake lettering has fake alternative characters to make it look real (which makes it look even more fake). But I see it all the time with younger designers who wouldn't know which end of a brush to hold. The worst offenders are using typeset fake letters in comic book production - ewhhh! The big boys stll employ lettering artists!

The lady who wants t-shirts printed and requested this lettering style wants a hand-drawn minimalist hipster style design so it is what it is. She won't want to pay for the font and I'll have an excuse to at least use something slightly different and arguably better. Hamurz looks like a better option for what she's wanting and I can refine the style of the artwork a little more to match it.

binki

We get that all the time. We will often substitute a font. Almost always they really didn't care about that particular font, they just wanted that look.