• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultra High Resolution Images

NorthControl

Hi Folks,

Maybe somebody could help me to get very-very high resolution images to test my printers HD mode. High detailed photos would be the best. Around 300 PPI resolution, at size of 98 inches (width).
So, at least 100 megapixel photos or other good stuffs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

GregK

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you have an image you would like to use, I can enlarge it to the 29,400 pixel width you want using the new Topaz Labs AIGigaPixel software. AIGigaPixel actually improves most images when they are enlarged. Just send the image attached to an email to the address in my signature. Let me know also what height you're looking for.

NorthControl

If you have an image you would like to use, I can enlarge it to the 29,400 pixel width you want using the new Topaz Labs AIGigaPixel software. AIGigaPixel actually improves most images when they are enlarged. Just send the image attached to an email to the address in my signature. Let me know also what height you're looking for.
Thank you so mutch, but I have also the gigapixel software from Topaz. It is really nice tool, and I also using it many times. My best image till now is the Sony A7RII camera's sample image (also gained with gigapixel), but these images is not really high detailed. (around 40 Megapixels)

Im thinking to buy gigapan robotic camera mount and make gigapixel panoramas, and print these. But It would be great if I could get it from somewhere...

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Maybe somebody could help me to get very-very high resolution images to test my printers HD mode.
Have you verified your machine can actually image the resolution you're looking for by printing the Onyx Quality Evaluation.pdf found your Onyx folder?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Interesting request for a 100mp image. There's only 3 cameras i know of with a 100mp sensor.
hasselblad h6d-100c
Phase one XF IQ3
Fuji Film GFX100 (not released yet)

I fell like your asking for to much considering what is currently available?
Your A7RII should produce a photo with high enough res as long as your lens is good to print a high detailed image.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

This gets my attention.
I generally enlarge my images via photoshop with their image size tool and it does a great job reprocessing images. (ALT+CTRL+I)
How does AIGigaPixel stackup with PS?

NorthControl

This gets my attention.
I generally enlarge my images via photoshop with their image size tool and it does a great job reprocessing images. (ALT+CTRL+I)

Topaz gigapixel software works via really different ways as standard algorithm processes in PS. Mostly it try to search the details behind the pixels, in they database and/or based on the content of image. It can be exceptional result on the natural images and landscapes. I using it many times when I need to enlarge. I think you can try it for free. If not, I can helps you to make a test, if you send me a photo or image.

NorthControl

Interesting request for a 100mp image. There's only 3 cameras i know of with a 100mp sensor.
hasselblad h6d-100c
Phase one XF IQ3
Fuji Film GFX100 (not released yet)

I fell like your asking for to much considering what is currently available?
Your A7RII should produce a photo with high enough res as long as your lens is good to print a high detailed image.

I need only high detail images, what can be print at 300 ppi, around 100 inches wide. There are lot of image traders on the net, but the price of these poster images stays around 500-1k USD.
Currently, I trying to download big maps from GoogleMaps via 3rdparty tools.
Other posibilities to download gigapixel panoramas someway... But these should be stitch to flat images, not to sphere profile...

NorthControl

Have you verified your machine can actually image the resolution you're looking for by printing the Onyx Quality Evaluation.pdf found your Onyx folder?
Yes, Sir. I know this image, and often print it to evaluation. But in this case, I would like to print any photo or image in 2meters wide, and with ultra-sharp details.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This gets my attention.

In some cases AIGigaPixel does an amazing job of (in the words of Topaz Labs advertising) "imagining" greater detail when it enlarges an image. This is not something Photoshop attempts to do. Adobe noticeably improved its enlargement capabilities in the last year or so but these improvements are more about retaining existing details faithfully. AIGigaPixel gives you three choices for its enhanced by artificial intelligence details ... High, Low and None. What I found with it so far ranges from amazement to disappointment. It just depends on the image.

I enlarged a one inch low quality image of a dog to six inches and then to twelve inches and it looked like an unmodified high quality photo. With each of two photos of people, I found an unacceptable hardening and loss of detail of the lips and mouth occurred.

I don't know if AIGigaPixel actually continues to learn and improve through use or if it simply is loaded with lots of possibilities. If it learns and improves, then amazement will grow and disappointment will shrink over time. But to answer your question, any comparison is apples to oranges. AIGigaPixel is intended to enhance details while Photoshop in intended to preserve them.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
In some cases AIGigaPixel does an amazing job of (in the words of Topaz Labs advertising) "imagining" greater detail when it enlarges an image. This is not something Photoshop attempts to do. Adobe noticeably improved its enlargement capabilities in the last year or so but these improvements are more about retaining existing details faithfully. AIGigaPixel gives you three choices for its enhanced by artificial intelligence details ... High, Low and None. What I found with it so far ranges from amazement to disappointment. It just depends on the image.

I enlarged a one inch low quality image of a dog to six inches and then to twelve inches and it looked like an unmodified high quality photo. With each of two photos of people, I found an unacceptable hardening and loss of detail of the lips and mouth occurred.

I don't know if AIGigaPixel actually continues to learn and improve through use or if it simply is loaded with lots of possibilities. If it learns and improves, then amazement will grow and disappointment will shrink over time. But to answer your question, any comparison is apples to oranges. AIGigaPixel is intended to enhance details while Photoshop in intended to preserve them.

I can see where it would come in handy. I know ps vs AIGigaPixel in how it renders the image. but still apples to apples when it comes to overall enlarging quality.
With my camera ect i dont get a huge benefit as i shoot medium format. i can see it benefiting some images from clients.

Probably something worth investing in some time down the track though.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
that is a cool pic, i could get lost for hours just zooming in and checking out every little nook

Johnny Best

That looks like a full frame Canon camera with a 800mm (or bigger) prime lens with other gadgets to help with high resolution output. You have to have a high resolution pic before you think about enlarging it to the size you need.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
That looks like a full frame Canon camera with a 800mm (or bigger) prime lens with other gadgets to help with high resolution output. You have to have a high resolution pic before you think about enlarging it to the size you need.

Canon 70D APS-C sensor
EF 400mm f/2.8
EF 2x zoom extender

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Can't wait until the end of month so I can finally order that GFX100s... supposed to be officially announced by then and delivery by end 1st half 2019.

With my camera ect i dont get a huge benefit as i shoot medium format.

What bodies do you run?
I have a pile of 1 series Canons that I've shot weddings with over the last 11 years, but am pretty set on the GFX for our fine art reproductions. Need all the resolution we can get so we don't have to stitch so much.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Can't wait until the end of month so I can finally order that GFX100s... supposed to be officially announced by then and delivery by end 1st half 2019.

What bodies do you run?
I have a pile of 1 series Canons that I've shot weddings with over the last 11 years, but am pretty set on the GFX for our fine art reproductions. Need all the resolution we can get so we don't have to stitch so much.

I've got a GFX50s. I originally was going to get the hasselblad X1D but lens selection and the hasselblad does't work as well in the "field" for me as i like the physical buttons and shortcuts i can have.
The GFX100 is far to big for my liking although the sensor would be amazing.

Having said all that, You really need to be set on having a medium format system. seriously look into it as it's a lot of $$$$ for a camera especially for less features so to speak. if you really need that 100mp fair enough, but the 50mp i get from mine is more than enough. done 6m prints with it already. I've had a few fine art photographers come in and are impressed with it which all run hasselblad H systems. and they reckon 50mp is plenty also.

You can get sample images online to stuff around with which is good before buying cameras. But IMO if you want to save a bit. The sony A7RIII or the Nikon Z7 for mirrorless options. or DSLR the Nikon d850.

Johnny Best

I shoot with a Nikon D500 but would love to move over to the mirrorless Z7, not for the better pics but the weight and size is so much less to lug around. But I feel the lens your using plays a big part in sharpness also.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I've got a GFX50s.
Having said all that, You really need to be set on having a medium format system. seriously look into it as it's a lot of $$$$ for a camera especially for less features so to speak.

I know what you mean about less features. Our Canon 1Ds3 has the least features of any camera in the collection, yet it was the most expensive and the one I still use the most. ISO100 image quality is still nearly unbeatable due to large pixel area.
A lot of our clients bring in massive artworks (sometimes 2.5m wide with rumours of a 6m one coming in soon) so it's absolutely painful to have to shoot tens of 24MP images at a time and stitch them all together.
I just want as many MP as we can afford, and this body will be the one to do it. We've looked into PhaseOne and Hasselblad, but the prices are quite offputting compared to the GFX. Almost landed an IQ180 but it sold before we could make a decision.