• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Umm...Goodbye?

SignStudent

Not sure if it's just my area or what, but I would say at least 8 out of 10 people that call don't say Goodbye before hanging up. Not like I need closure at the end of a call, just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing it?

I'm sure it has a lot to do with your area. I lived in Niagara Falls/Buffalo NY for a few months and WOW are the people rude there. Comparing that to TN it's insane how much nicer people are here.

"Deposit Please"

We go to ft Myers beach every few years and i always find myself drinking tap water after a night of partying. I just have to remind myself to get bottled water next time around. The water sucks, but the beer and the beaches make up for it. More beer, less manners you have is usually how it goes. ...good times tho.

WildWestDesigns

I'm sure it has a lot to do with your area. I lived in Niagara Falls/Buffalo NY for a few months and WOW are the people rude there. Comparing that to TN it's insane how much nicer people are here.

Until you say something with ma'am in it. Then they want to nail your butt to the wall. It doesn't seem to matter what age they are.

dejoh

New generation-old generation. I know a goodbye is polite, I'm not a phone person, yet my sign jobs rely on the phone. I'm guilty. In business since the 70's. Maybe a "BU BUUUUY" is in order from now on. :doh:

Locals Find!

We go to ft Myers beach every few years and i always find myself drinking tap water after a night of partying. I just have to remind myself to get bottled water next time around. The water sucks, but the beer and the beaches make up for it. More beer, less manners you have is usually how it goes. ...good times tho.

Especially if your anywhere near the Lania Kai they don't have manners drunk or sober around there.

dejoh

Fort Meyer Beach. Down the road from The Master Bait Shop.
Classic wall sign. :Oops:
101-0199_IMG.jpg

Last edited:

ProWraps

eh i think its worse when i get the "mmmmmbye".

why do people say "mmmm" in front of "bye"?

it really grinds my gears.

"Deposit Please"

I've been to lani kai. That place is full of animals and the stink goes with it. I go to the beached whale (rooftop) where they have better manners. The beach pierside is even better. But rude people are everywhere.

Tifosi

SW Florida is just "special", my wife's grandparents lived down there for decades and have since passed the house on to her parents. We travel down there almost yearly and the people in those parts are just a little over baked in the sun. Fun area and good times. You just have to take life in stride.

As for saying "goodbye" my grandfather wouldn't say it on the phone either, alwasy made me laugh.