• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unable to open file

Raulrdz

I recently downloaded a clipart file from IStock. When I try to open it AI says it was generated with a newer version. I continue to import and get this message "This is an Adobe Illustrator file that was saved without content" Can anyone offer some help? I have AI version 9

petepaz

i think it's time to update
i think you have to get the file saved as an earlier version or a pdf so you can open it if you can send the file i can open it and save it and send it back
unless where ever you downloaded it from can do it for you

rcook99

If you send the file to me, I will open it and resave it to a earlier version. If I can help let me know.

cartoad

Time to update, had CS2, and over the weekend had a rush job (gota love working all weekend) had to upgrade to CS3 cause the source of the files was CS3, and it was update or lose a big account.
As much as it hurts to constantly be upgrading software, you don't really have much choice if you take files from clients in my humble opinion.
Hal

GK

yeah if your runnin Ill 9 you are quite a few versions behind. Mind you...CS2 wont even open CS3 files properly =/