• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Undetected registration mark on the Mimaki GC75FX??? How to correct???

Freeride

Hi everyones,
i need help about registration mark on my GC75FX.
The plotter didn't detect my register mark.
Here's equipement we're using,
- Mimaki JV3 SP75II
- FlexiSign 8.1 Pro
- Mimaki GC75FX

We made all specification but we're missing something?

-We printed the FlexiSign mark for the Mimaki printer,
- We follow the setting procedure for registed mark pointer in the setup of the operation manual.
We did also:
- Correct light pointer position
- Detect operation 1 and 2
We placed the pointer close in the sqare of the mark and that doesn't work, the cutter went is the wrong direction when it's time to detect the mark.

Anyone can help me please!!!! :banghead:

Freeride

We did with Fine Cut

We did with Fine Cut, no problem. The problem is when we try with flexiSign Pro 8.1, that doesn't work, the plotter didn't see the printed mark? :frustrated:
The print was made with Flexi also...

Freeride

Registration mark

We have already made with Illistrator and fine cut, no prblem but we want to use Flexi.

Why we can print the registration mark with flexi and can not make the cutting with using the registration mark? Sorry i don't understand, this is a basic operation? No? The Mimaki plotter work only with mark of Illistrator using the fine cut? That make no sense?

cgsigns_jamie

I don't know if it's the same with the Mimaki but with my setup there is an option in production manager to chose the type of registration marks to be printed. You may need to choose the registrations marks that work with your plotter.

This is a guide I found searching google that shows how to setup a print/cut file in flexi

Attachments

• Scanvec Amiable Contour Cutting Guide.pdf
    642.7 KB · Views: 534

iSign

we use Flexi. I don't have much time to help sort out your problem right now, but I can tell you my Mimaki CG160FX cuts from Flexi just fine.

Mine needs to be set to "mark detect" in the settings on the plotter, and it needs to be in TP1, not CT1. If you are getting the red light to align inside the crop marks, then I'm not sure what could be wrong. We start aligning to the front right corner, & the machine advances to the rear of the file, looking for that corner. What do you mean yours goes the wrong way?

supergecko28

Sometimes over large prints, we have a problem where the print or cutter drifts to one side a tad. To fix it we have to take a black pen (sharpies and dry erase markers dont work on the laminated material, we have to use black ink) to make the registration marks a little longer on each side. The mark detector will see the line then find where the two lines meet and use that data to center the print that it is cutting out. Yeah I know its a little bit of rigging but, it works, and thats all that matters right? lol
-C

Freeride

Mark are detected' but cutting is not perfect

Thanks for your help, i found the problem of my mark, the problem came from pointer.

But i still have a strange problem???

We use Flexisign 8.1 with Mimaki JV3 SP75II and cutter CG75II

The mark are detected from the cutter and the blade is position at the right spot at, but when i send the job to the cutter (CG75FX)
The final result are not perfect... The final cutting seems shrink of the original size... Not much, but enough to be smaller to not respect the original print and artwork. I double check all the times and the cutting were setup at 100% size same as the print...

Example i print a sqare of 10cm X 10cm, the final result is, the plotter will start cutting at the rignt spot... front right, but the cutting will have 9.8cm X 9.7, smaller of 2mm example??? More the piece is bigger, more the gap is bigger

If i print 24'' X 24'' i will have a gap of 1/2 inches?????
The front cutting line ok, but other 3 side will be smaller than the orignal 100% artwork... Very strange...:doh:

I tried an older version FlexiSign, i tried FlexiSign 7.6, and the result was the same, exactly same problem, I'm sure i'm missing something in the setup...

I tried many setup, i really don't know, please guys help me...
I have job on table now, and i can't work...:frustrated:

Thanks,:thankyou:

schurms

Maybe you have have to calibrate your electronic eye one your plotter. I have a graphtec and did that and all problems gone.