Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unknown win32/trojan?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by supaegnt, Aug 24, 2010.

1. supaegnt

supaegnt Member

Jul 1, 2006
    how do i remove a virous?
    the followings are in the tab of "show details"

Category:trojan

Description:this program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker

Recommendation:remove this software immediately.

Items:iexplore.exe.

would someone please help to resolved.
    :thankyou:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    dont use internet explorer...:thumb:

3. supaegnt

supaegnt Member

Jul 1, 2006
    i do not use explorer.
    issue still unresolved.

4. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
  5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Do you use any virus protection?

6. choucove

choucove Active Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I have removed numerous types of malware using the program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It is free to download from www.malwarebytes.org and do a full system scan of your computer. It might help us in solving your issues if you further explain your computer system. What antivirus application are you running that is giving this error message? When did the issue first present itself?

7. tintguy31794

tintguy31794 Member

Apr 20, 2007
    avg antivirus for the win...

Don't play on your work computer and you won't get a virus.

Generally even if you do "remove" the virus its already planted and it will re establish itself at a later date. You might get lucky running avg, but if it were me (and the info on the computer was important) I would wipe it clean and start fresh. (after backing up important stuff of course).

If the information on the computer is unimportant... why bother? :D

8. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Not if the code is deleted correctly. IT will never return.

Why?
    there is no need to wipe clean anything. Ther eis no need to "clean it. There is no dirt. There is only 1's and 0's residing in a specific set of magnetic code on a platter. All one has to do is change just one of those bits and its over. There is no more trouble.
    Later on the OS will write something there and its really gone.

9. mtroup

mtroup Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Arkansas
    Malwarebytes and Spybot are pretty good suggestions, however Spybot doesn't seem to do that great of a job anymore. Recently I have been using http://www.superantispyware.com/ for my clients with much better success. I recommend going and downloading the "portable" version to a usb drive and then you need to restart your computer and press F8 to enter Safe Mode, and run the SuperAntiSpyware app (you can run the program without installing it).. You might have to run it multiple times (first time in safe mode, then reboot, run it again.) but it should clean up any spyware infection

10. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I was about to make a post about spybot starting to suck. I run malwarebytes, crapcleaner, hijack this and Avast on my comp. Avast catches ALOT more than freaking AVG did. IF I do get a virus i get on it right then.

Ive said it beofe and I will say it again IF they ever find these idiots that create this stuff and remove both of their hands, this crap will cease

11. CentralSigns

CentralSigns Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    For a software developer, before he can write programs to fix computers that have viruses, he needs to have an intimate understanding of how, they the viruses work. Understanding leads to development. Who better to create the viruses than the one who sells the software to fix it. A necessary evil don't you think. A self-propagating circle of life to speak.