• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

unknown win32/trojan?

supaegnt

how do i remove a virous?
the followings are in the tab of "show details"

Category:trojan

Description:this program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker

Recommendation:remove this software immediately.

Items:iexplore.exe.

would someone please help to resolved.
:thankyou:

choucove

I have removed numerous types of malware using the program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It is free to download from www.malwarebytes.org and do a full system scan of your computer. It might help us in solving your issues if you further explain your computer system. What antivirus application are you running that is giving this error message? When did the issue first present itself?

tintguy31794

avg antivirus for the win...

Don't play on your work computer and you won't get a virus.

Generally even if you do "remove" the virus its already planted and it will re establish itself at a later date. You might get lucky running avg, but if it were me (and the info on the computer was important) I would wipe it clean and start fresh. (after backing up important stuff of course).

If the information on the computer is unimportant... why bother? :D

Techman

the virus its already planted and it will re establish itself at a later date
Not if the code is deleted correctly. IT will never return.

I would wipe it clean and start fresh.

Why?
there is no need to wipe clean anything. Ther eis no need to "clean it. There is no dirt. There is only 1's and 0's residing in a specific set of magnetic code on a platter. All one has to do is change just one of those bits and its over. There is no more trouble.
Later on the OS will write something there and its really gone.

mtroup

Malwarebytes and Spybot are pretty good suggestions, however Spybot doesn't seem to do that great of a job anymore. Recently I have been using http://www.superantispyware.com/ for my clients with much better success. I recommend going and downloading the "portable" version to a usb drive and then you need to restart your computer and press F8 to enter Safe Mode, and run the SuperAntiSpyware app (you can run the program without installing it).. You might have to run it multiple times (first time in safe mode, then reboot, run it again.) but it should clean up any spyware infection

visual800

I was about to make a post about spybot starting to suck. I run malwarebytes, crapcleaner, hijack this and Avast on my comp. Avast catches ALOT more than freaking AVG did. IF I do get a virus i get on it right then.

Ive said it beofe and I will say it again IF they ever find these idiots that create this stuff and remove both of their hands, this crap will cease

CentralSigns

For a software developer, before he can write programs to fix computers that have viruses, he needs to have an intimate understanding of how, they the viruses work. Understanding leads to development. Who better to create the viruses than the one who sells the software to fix it. A necessary evil don't you think. A self-propagating circle of life to speak.