• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UPDATE: Looking for a banner stand supplier

randytriplett

Not too long ago I asked for a recommended banner stand supplier. From that I received a couple leads and got a couple comments on those that were suggested. Well, I followed up on those leads and did additional research myself and I just wanted to share my results because of the support that I did receive.

I am an aggressive price “comper”. For 15 years I worked in the retail marketplace where we price comped our competition constantly. Those years of being highly competitively priced has been a great asset. But, I have never been a “us 4 and no more” guy. I am competitive and I don’t give the store away but I do like helping others be competitive also.

I was looking for a x style banner stand to meet the product that we began producing. The product was a vertical banner 24” x 72” that could mount a banner stand with grommets. I need a reasonably good quality and still a good wholesale price so I could make a bit of a profit.

To maintain integrity I will not share who I comped with pricing on this type of banner stand that I needed but I will share the best price that I found and who the supplier was…

Each company states that they are a wholesaler to the industry.

Company A: Well marketed. Awesome catalogue. Cool website. Wholesale Price: $91.99 each. Note: I ordered one to get a sample. One day delivery.

Company B: Well marketed. Awesome catalogue. Cool website. Wholesale Price: $92.99 each.

Company C: SignOutletStore.com Note: This happens to be my supplier. I will end up going with him because for me I get my order next day and the price difference is only $3. Well marketed. Awesome catalogue. Cool website. Wholesale Price: $69.95 each.

Company D: SignWarehouse.com OK marketed. Good catalogue. OK website. Wholesale Price: $66.00 each. Note: I ordered one to get a sample. 4 day delivery.

My conclusion: Company A and B only sold to the industry. And yet in both cases they were higher priced than just about anyone I checked. This I don’t quite understand. When I Googled “x style banner stand”, I found cheaper pricing in general than from both Company A and B. The return policies were comparable for all.

As a Note. Both the stands that I ordered from Company A and Company D was identical. Actually, the one from Company A came in the original box from China and the box quality was so poor that the stand had a plastic part chipped off and was in the box. The 1” chipped piece did not affect the function of the stand.

I just wanted to share my results as a case study for this stand. I appreciate the input that was given to me and maybe my results will help someone else.

GP

Now, if I can only figure out the values for X, A, B, C and D - I will have a very useful equation.

WILLIAMS

Unless you're locked into the 24"x72" size, I would check out Company E who would be around $50 less than Company C & D. Their stands work with 24"w X 63" or 32"w X 72"h.

petepaz

if A/X=the square root of b to the 3rd power then obviously the answer is pie or 3.144444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444

good get get feed back but i think it would be good if we knew who was ripping us off

randytriplett

As a newbie to the Signs101 forums I have come to realize through reading the various posts as well as this simple integrity handled post that most are looking for a comedic outlet while yet it seems that few are interested in real meaningful assistance.

That's unfortunate for those who are looking for quality help and finding that they have to read around the posts that are completely meaningless.

wes70

As a newbie to the Signs101 forums I have come to realize through reading the various posts as well as this simple integrity handled post that most are looking for a comedic outlet while yet it seems that few are interested in real meaningful assistance.

That's unfortunate for those who are looking for quality help and finding that they have to read around the posts that are completely meaningless.

Merry Christmas!

randytriplett

Isn't this your signature...? :If we're not having fun then why are we doing it?

If you spent more than a few days here you would come to realize that (almost) all the members here are willing to help almost anyone and will go out of their way to do so.

I for one appreciate you doing your research and posting results, however without actually providing any facts or details you essentially are providing nothing!

Everyone was joking around about it...I'm not sure why you're all upset about the "meaningless" posts....to be honest with you, without including all the details in your research findings, your original post is pretty much meaningless.

It would appear that your only interest is to get the "dirt" on company A and B. That really isn’t the point of the post. So, let me spell it out. The point was to let you know that the two companies which I did list tend to have pricing that is quite competitive and worthy of considering when you have to purchase supplies of some nature.

I think that you might be confused between “having fun” and being an antagonistic teaser looking for a rise from someone. Most of your comments were negative and antagonistic. Even your reply represents your attitude. That’s too bad.

Unfortunately, people have to swim through the murky water to get to the good stuff.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use http://www.creativebanner.com for our stand supplier, and I like their price. They have also replaced parts / stands after my customers have broken them, so even though there is no stated warranty (that i've seen) their customer service is excellent.

randytriplett

You must be a mind reader! You can already tell what I'm thinking and how everyone acts around here!

Back to my original question.... What banner stand are you actually referring to?

The fact that you've ignored all the serious questions pertaining to the original post is surprising. Instead you've focused on some of the less than serious posts and have ASSumed you know what I'm thinking and what my attitude is like.

So let ME spell it out:

Just like everyone else, I am here to learn, help when I can, and at the same time have some fun. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings...I just found it odd that you would take the time to review suppliers, post your findings, but omit half of the details.

Make sense now...?

Ya know, I don’t do well with guys like you. You take my post and completely make a mockery out of it. Because my post didn’t meet the requirements that YOU were looking for you immediately began picking it apart.

And then position yourself to be some kind of righteous defender of the Signs101 forum defending all in an attempt to justify your posts. Too late. A duck looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck….

GP

I appreciate you taking the time to review the various banner stands and document your purchase here on Signs101.

But without details of who, what, where, when, how, the review is really pointless, except to say that it is valuable for me to do my own research before making a banner purchase to make sure I am getting the best value.

I am not looking for dirt. I could care less about dirt - I am looking for professional, sign-related content that will profit my business. We all could have drawn better conclusions from your review if you stated actual facts and details.

Moving on,

GP

royster13

The sad thing about wholesale / retail these days is that here is usually a direct marketer who sells at retail for the same as our wholesale cost.....