• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UPS leaves delivery notice on our door while we are open!

binki

We almost always have the front door open during business hours but it has been so hot here we have kept it closed the last few days.

So we are open with the lights on, our sandwich board is on the sidewalk, our open sign is out and guess what. The UPS guy just leaves a notice like we were closed. He didn't even pull on the door.

:frustrated:

So much for our next day delivery.

OlsonSigns601

We've got the best UPS guy.

Pretty much 8:45 AM on the dot he honks as he drives by on his way to our dock. We meet him out there and get our stuff. No need to pay for early morning, unless he is on vacation.

He even buys signs from us for the plane he flies. (UPS Drivers make bank)

tomence

Same here. Two days in a row i am waiting for this guy and he shows up leaves the notice on the door and leaves. I called UPS made him return, and the next day it happens again. This was next day ship also.

DizzyMarkus

Mine was putting the tommorrow delivery notice over my open for business sign. Go figure-- now I get em delivered home and its there 9:30 am :0)
Markus

btropical.com

Wine , beer and food . I walk out to greet our UPS driver when i see him . That is a very hard job on the knees and in the heat . We have our UPS drivers cell # just in case . I can all ways meet him at 9:45 at CVS if need be . Talk to your mailman , UpS driver ect......

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I used to have the best UPS driver(s), one after another at my old location. They always bent over backward to get me my packages.

Until now, my new shop is located in a UPS bermuda triangle, I have three different drivers, and all of them complain that this isn't on their route and their doing me a favor by dropping off the package...

I too have had many times a tag placed on my door when I'm here....

Craig Sjoquist

Why should he deliver he gets paid the same if he does or not.

Is it a Union job lol ... All that matters is he completes his job within time allowed. lol

VolunteerSign

We have a great UPS guy...now our FEDEX ground driver...another story completely. It's so bad that I make every attempt to only order from companies that deliver via UPS. With Fedex Ground most times they can't even tell you where the package is. No wonder the video of the Fedex driver throwing the flat screen over the fence went nuts on Youtube...so many can relate.

OldPaint

UPS terminal is 1/2 mile from my house)))))) whatever i order something next day its here 9:30 am. FEDEX.......cant find the driveway..........left a $500 camera on my neighbors porch!!!!!

royster13

I have switched most of my incoming shipments to Fedex.....UPS takes longer from many locations and is much harder on packages and splits up multi piece shipments....2 of my largest suppliers have switched to Fedex because based on their research and client comments, Fedex does a better job....

At the end of the day, it appears it is all related to the staff that handles your packages....

StarSign

I also have some of the best UPS guys out there. I worked in shipping and receiving for years so I know what they have to put up with. We always try to greet out driver at the truck to help get them on their way as best we can. (having the cell #'s comes in handy also, with the hub a mile away)

Mosh

I call my ups guy every morning when he gets in the area and I meet him. On the days I a out he has a key to my building next door and just leaves it in there. Bonus of being in a small town I guess.

HulkSmash

love our ups driver.

and yeah, they do make bank. Our also has 8 weeks a year vacation................what??

And if we're not here... which we always are.. he leaves our packages with out neighbors... and visa versa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Our drivers are pretty much top notch....... even the fill-in guys.

401.... good watch, but I'd have to ask myself.... if I was waiting for a package, why would I try to trap the guy with so many cameras ?? Seems like he could've just as easily have gone down stairs and met the guy instead of playing frickin' reindeer games.

What those guys get paid, I highly doubt he'd be playing games with his job.

binki

Our regular guy is on vacation. The sub left he note yesterday. Go figure. We have called dispatch in the past to get our deliveries. It is either a sub that didn't want to deal with traffic here or UPS optical software that reads our address wrong and puts the box on the wrong truck.

Most recently the carbon units at the hub are loading the trucks wrong.

This problem was a sub driver for our normal guy who knows when we are here. Oh well, he got to deliver 14 boxes today instead of half yesterday and half today.

binki

UPS terminal is 1/2 mile from my house...

We are so close to ONT ( a UPS/FedEx/DHL hub) that I could throw a rock and hit them all in one shot. We are just too small for them to worry about us. I have to contact our vendors to complain.