• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UPS leaves delivery notice on our door while we are open!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
if I was waiting for a package, why would I try to trap the guy with so many cameras ?? Seems like he could've just as easily have gone down stairs and met the guy instead of playing frickin' reindeer games.

if you read, you would see that the UPS driver started playing the frickin reindeer games - slick willy just busted him with the camera's.... Bet he ain't doing it anymore

UPS used to do this to my friend every delivery.

J

john1

I work from home and have a note all the time on my door for UPS to leave packages. They always leave them no problem. Have for 4 years now.

Fedex on the other hand needs a special note or they will leave a "sorry we missed you" note and attempt another day which is annoying.

Scott Reynolds

I had FedEx leave a note Monday while someone was inside the shop. But on the tracking they marked it "moved, no longer at address". I was not real happy with them on Friday.

VolunteerSign

Oh just when I thought Fedex couldn't get any worse...Yesterday they brought my delivery to the SHOP DOOR and knocked. That's right the knocked...and by the time I got from the office to the door they (yes THEY..2 of them for a 23 lb package) were almost back to the truck.

Granted, we don't have walk-in business and don't have a glass door store front but we are in a commercial complex, with everything clearly marked. Please suppliers SHIP UPS...or even horse and buggy would work better.

anotherdog

Just like any business UPS employs humans. Cranky emotional messy hugely variable humans.
One day soon they will replace the humans with self driving robotic trucks and delivery robots... but since all the humans will be unemployed homeless nomads there will be no need for UPS.

We have a great UPS depot and driver at our current location, Our last location it was so bad we dreaded a delivery and had to trust to luck that our shipments would be ok.

The problem is the people and how happy they are working for the company. Unhappy people = crap kicked out of packages. I mean how can you destroy Coroplast Bandit signs??? How??? but they did!

SAR.Summerlin

I don't know about UPS but my sister in law is a FedEx Express delivery driver and she makes $16/hr. I do know that FedEx Ground is subcontracted and they get paid by the package delivered. But time is everything and if they are running behind they get chewed out or if it happens too often written up.

WildWestDesigns

I don't know about UPS but my sister in law is a FedEx Express delivery driver and she makes $16/hr. I do know that FedEx Ground is subcontracted and they get paid by the package delivered. But time is everything and if they are running behind they get chewed out or if it happens too often written up.

Same thing with the dump truck drivers around here. Those people just fly down the road (never a cop around when they speed, always seem to be around when I do though).

Other then FedEx and DHL, we have had pretty good luck with our UPS delivery people as a whole. I do think though it it's going to very widely depending on where you are at.

fedex freight lies to my supplier

I called my supplier to complain our 2 day freight didnt make it, so he checks and local fedex freight says we called them to change our delivery location on a full palet of signs from our store to a residential location. They they said oh but they said if they don't come here to pick up we can deliver to them tomorrow. Hmmmm then why is call from them on our caller ID? Anyone else having issues?

Feel free to rant on my FACEBOOK page.
https://www.facebook.com/paul.schli...64830087.53479.100001816467228&type=1&theater

Attachments

• fedex lies.jpg
    fedex lies.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 53

cajun312

Last month I had a banner coming from a wholesaler on schedule for a Friday delivery. I have my normal ups drivers cell number so I called him at 9 to meet him at his first stop. No reply. I checked the tracking a hour later and it showed package delivered. I called ups and after 45 minutes on the phone they admitted they delivered to the wrong address.
They told me that they would send the driver back to retrieve the package and would deliver on Monday. I live in a small town so I asked them where the package was delivered, I would just go pick it up there. After one hour and twenty minutes of being on hold or talking with idiots they finally gave me the name of the business where my banner had been dropped off which was two blocks away . I wish I could say I'll never use them again but fed ex ground sucks even more around here.

Jillbeans

Twice this week FedEx has put my neighbor's packages on my porch.
I could see doing this if it was winter (they have a long steep driveway) but it's almost summer!
So my teenager gets to walk up the long steep driveway.
Love....Jill

Team Valhalla

My UPS driver is a machine! I can remember him dropping off back when I was in high school and that was over 30 years ago. When Bob goes on vacation, which he does for a week after every holiday, two guys split his route. I've got his cell and he's got the entry code to the doors. I'm gonna miss him when he retires after this year.

binki

We still have this problem from time to time. We also have them sometimes leave a notice on the door before our regular business hours. They just seem to have a lot of labor problems there.

bernie

Reading this ... boy am I lucky!

Every UPS driver or FedEx driver I have had over the years has been EXCELLENT!

The last FedEx delivery I got ... he even put a plastic bag on the boxes. He didn't know it was rolls of
paper from Uline that surely would have sucked up moisture from the rain!

I hope none of your delivery guys ever move to my area!

Bernie