• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upscale Lot Sign posts

Shovelhead

....I have a town that won't let us sink poles in parking lots.
I need some upscale post options for 18" x 12" signs.
Anything available?
Thank you

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i don't think it's upscale, but pg 81 in the april 08 grimco catalog.....the "post mounting base" might work for you....

WILLIAMS

2nd the post mounting base... they use them down at the Phillies ballpark parking lot for handicap and reserved spaces. not sure if they will next year as a bunch of people ripped the sign & poles off the bases and were walking around with them at the parade this past Friday. they were waving them around. i'm trying to google what they looked like. the pole and base were nice looking.

ChicagoGraphics

Are you sure Grimco doesn't have an online catalog, I was on it a few times. You have to call your local office and get a pass code to get on there site.

Billct2

I made some by buying cheap big plastic planters that had a nice shape,
pouring with colored concrete and setting a 2"x2" square tube post in them.

GP

Not sure if it is appropriate for the location, but using a more permanent planter, setting concrete in the bottom portion and incorporating planting material could be really nice.

Than again, it's almost winter up there.

Letterbox Mike

I second the planter idea. We did a couple- like that once, but left enough space above the concrete so the customer could fill it with soil and plant plants in it. They looked really nice and there was no walking off with them...