• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Urgent need help

FeLiXXX

Hi.
This time I realy need help. This weekend I have to instal fresh operating system. Now I cant use my plotter.
I use Flexisign 8.1. At production manager I cant see port for plotter, I try all ports but no success. Before I install new Windows it work, But I cant remember how I make it run last time. My operating system is windows 7, plotter is rolanc cj-500 converted to sc-500. Plotter is conected with usb to parallel adapter. In production manager I select my plotter but there is no usb001 port like it was before. And I notice that my desktop printer is also not listed in port section(it was before).
Can anyone help me with this? Please...

FrankW

The problem with the output ports is an issue of incompatibility between Windows 7 and Flexi 8.1. You should have to use at least Flexi 8.6 for Windows 7.

FeLiXXX

I install flexi 10. Now I can select port for my plotter it is USB_Printer_0. But, I cant load color profiles. So I can cut but I cant print. Any suggestions?
I realy dont know why I cant select port in flexi 8.1. Like I say before I use flexi 8.1 on win 7 over one year.

FeLiXXX

hmmm..I didnt.
Where is this icon? Devices and printers?
I dont understand why in 8.1 version I dont see port in 10 version I see plotter port and I can cut in 10 version.

FeLiXXX

@player thank you!!! It worked...you are the best.
Right clicking on the icon and clicking "troubleshoot compatibility" this is solution.
Thank you.

RustyNZ

Had same issue no USB_Printer_0 in Flexi 8.1 Win 7 64 bit, set Flexi and Production Manager to compatibility mode for Windows XP Service pack 2 and tested all good.

Note: I had to use USB_Printer_2 so just be aware it might not be 0, try them all.