• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

US Supreme Court

Wiggum PI

So to protect(mask) a tourist/landmark site from renovation work is a waste of money now?
I'm gonna have a hard time convincing customers in a tourism based town of that. I can see these photo's being pasted everywhere, and people paying money to go and have a look(I would).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, this is probably on the verge of being locked down.... so before that happens...........

I want to make it perfectly clear, I was not mocking or telling Mike not to do this project. I'm very glad he got such a job. Actually probably no one else on this site could've handled it and not near as professionally as Mike's company.

That being said, this stuff is gonna happen no matter what anyone says or does with the spending of other people's money, when times are tough and everyone's itching to blame or point fingers at someone else. Like bob said.... for certain customers... the job just needs to get done and show it is being furnished..... responsibly.... not wasting someone else's money in the process.

My comment was not aimed towards Mike's company or anyone else on this site, but as a generalization as to how things get p!ssed away. :thankyou:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Without doing this they could not say they created jobs! Or at least the number would be way lower without work like this being done.

Unfortunately any job working for the government, either as employee or contractor, isn't a job at all. It must be paid for by confiscating money from those who have real jobs, i.e., those engaged in actually producing wealth.

CanuckSigns

I don't view it as a waste of money, it gives the job site a much better appearance. I've never been to DC, but i'm sure the supreme court is a fairly major tourist site and this looks much nicer to visitors to the city than ugly green safety netting.

They did this in Toronto for a few buildings last year and it was a much welcomed change from the usual eyesore of construction sites.

rfulford

Only the government would waste money on something like this. "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..." immediately comes to mind.

Actually, I do this for Disney regularly. So you need to modify your statement to include Micky Mouse.