• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

us tech laminator

ironchef

Just bought a 65in. us tech laminator, i gotta say its working perfect. Two thumbs up to everyone at the orlando office.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120808_181234.png
    ForumRunner_20120808_181234.png
    744.9 KB · Views: 155
  • ForumRunner_20120808_181301.png
    ForumRunner_20120808_181301.png
    652.9 KB · Views: 131

ironchef

I'm going to buy a roll soon. I haven't had the need, since i haven't laminated smaller things yet.

mudmedia

i did some research on them they look like a great piece for the price especially with the shots you attached...does that have a take up roller? i see 2 rollers at the bottom there congrats on the new equipment!

ironchef

No i don't. I was told you can use the backing from the scrap backing of the over laminate. And i think you need it if laminating smaller stuff. So the laminate doesn't touch the rollers.

ironchef

Yes it does. It has two bottom rollers for backing paper and the unlaminated roll. And one in the back that spins and collects the laminated media. I was up and running in less then a day. The longest part was taking it off the crate.

amw

Longtime Members
Nice! I want to get my husband one for his birthday.
Which model did you get?

Thanks,
Marsha

2B

Do you think it needs craft paper ? I'm in the market for a new laminator, but was hoping to avoid craft paper. Do you know how much they go for ?

dont use craft paper, use the old backing off the lamination roll

we use a sled for the small runs, there are SEVERAL threads here that details them

Last edited:

ironchef

Ingot the la-650 pro master. Or something like that. Lol. It was the best model for their cold lam. Series. And yea guys i plan to use the backing, bht will still get a roll of craft. Just in case i guess. It cant be that much money. Ill find out tomorrow....sled?. Ill search it in previous forums. Thanks. Guys. I recommend this model. Because it came with the take up reel. So you can essentially do roll to roll. (Haven't tried it yet). Also. Because it has one wheel/knob to lower both sides at the same time.

ProWraps

irony is not one piece of that thing has anything to do with the "US". its a dingtec made in china. we have the same one with the "enduralam" label on it.

good machines. they do have quirks. you will find them out.

we dont use any paper for laming. we took the output shelf off and just have two people to lam.

ironchef

Yea. Lol i knew there's a bunch of names. What quirks? Please advise!?. Don't leave me hanging... lol.... oh and i found out what sledding is... ill try that tomorrow.

2B

each machine has their own quirks, no two are alike.

and then you have to know what each lamination as they to have there own quirks

best be prepared to do some testing and seeing how it works

ironchef

Ah. I see. I was told to use backing paper if its cast, and of coarse if the media is not the same as the lam. But cast being thinner can and might get caught with the bottom roller and make a big mess

4R Graphics

I have had 2 of there machines and as Pro said they have there quirks and neither one was the same but for the price I will buy them everytime.

We use old backing paper from the laminate instead of craft paper but only for small jobs (most stuff is full size so its rare).

FatCat

Had our AK-600 for almost 2 years now. Great machines for the money once you get used to them. I guess the only thing that I find you have to be careful about is setting the roller pressure - and the fact that you have to adjust both sides evenly. Once it's set your golden, but if you've ever not had it set right and you're trying to get a rush job done you'll know the word frustration. Lol.