• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

us tech laminator

jayhawksigns

We got ours through Pacific Coast Signs Supply, same laminator though. Happy with it, it works, like many said though it has its quirks.

I too have the same machine just the "enduralam" version.. It took me some getting used to with the take up reel on mine for longer runs.. But I now have it tuned in very nicely, and it is a good machine.. I have run some single pieces exceeding 14' with great success..

What is the craft paper everyone is talking about??? Is this just something you run when you are running a job that is smaller than your laminate roll to avoid the laminate from taking to the roller?

ironchef

Yew summit it is. I love the lam backing. I use it to cover up prints over night. So no dust will collect. And for small printed stuff. How did you fine tune the take up reel. Alot of pressure? Or leave it loose? I've left the little rollers on the side for tension alone. So far. Its all good even. But i haven't used the take up reel yet.

Gotcha.. My next question is with covering your print... Will your prints properly out-gas if they are covered??? Isn't that almost the same thing as just leaving them rolled..

ironchef

I've asked someone that. When it came to off gassing while rolled up. And i was told yea... look at the shops that do huge turnover. They don't leave it flat. They leave it on rolls.

Or they hang their prints?? I made some cheapo hangers from pvc tubing, some string and some heavy duty drywall hooks, (see attachement) and hung them close to the walls so they are out of the way and they work perfect. Maybe it is just me, but I would be leery covering a print. I don't think it will properly out-gas correctly. Dust isn't going to hurt anything.. Don't you gently wipe down your prints as the feed through you laminator with a microfiber towel anyway?... I can just foresee you having problems with the laminate lifting from the print work long term.

Attachments

• CIMG1418.jpg
    CIMG1418.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 116

ironchef

Oh. That's a good idea... i have 30 ft ceiling height tho. I will further inquire on this subject. Now i have doubts. Anyone else? How does America out gas... and yes I'm wiping it down as told.

TXFB.INS

for out gassing, small runs lay flat on tables large runs loosely roll up either way let gas over night an lam next day

ironchef

Sweet. Yea. I havent had any large runs. So i been laying down on table over night. And lightly cover with lam backing. No weights. Just one single layer.

mudmedia

how does the take up work...Since its fed on the backside its not like a printer where you can tape it while its going...Do you just let it laminate run to the back of the laminator and tape it to the tube? Or do you have to stop the laminator tape it then resume laminating if I do that to the GBC i have here it leaves a start / stop line which is noticeable where I stopped the laminator and resumed.

ironchef

I haven't used the take up yet. I was thinking that earlier tho. Im thinking you start with a 4 foot header. So its on there before you get to the image. That's what I'm thinking tho. Anyone else?

My take reel up took some MAJOR trial and error calibration.

As my machine is set now, the tension of the rear knob (laminate) is wound as tight as it will go... And the front (take up reel knob) is very loose. I found when I had the front knob wound tighter the take up reel would take up to quick causing issue on 7-8 foot runs.

All in all this machine is a work horse, I <3 MINE..

mudmedia

summit how do you go about putting your prints on the take up reel...My GBC doesnt have this option but looking at getting a us tech...I dont really want to waste 4 ft of material though each time i use it?

when I previously explained take up I was referring to the top roller that takes up the backing (waste paper) I actually just let my prints feed to the floor. However there are reels on the back that can be used for take up.. However I generally using the spare reels to house different laminate types.

ironchef

Hello to all. I have a 2 20ft pieces to peint and laminate. I want to use the take up reel. Thinking of either leaving 3 to 4 ft slack to tape on to take up reel. Or getting a long piece of scrap vinyl, and tape them together? Any ideas?

2B

why waste new vinyl? get a scrap piece of banner and use that as the space filler.

re useable and keeps you from wasting new vinyl

Sooner Printing

:goodpost:
irony is not one piece of that thing has anything to do with the "US". its a dingtec made in china. we have the same one with the "enduralam" label on it.

good machines. they do have quirks. you will find them out.

we dont use any paper for laming. we took the output shelf off and just have two people to lam.

ironchef

Hey yall. I printed. And ill be laminating tomorrow. Matte lam came in today. Mounted it and ran it with a couple things, working great. I measured the space i would need to set up the take up roller without having to pause mid lam. And its only 2 fert extra. Ill be using scrap banner or scrap vinyl and lam it till i can tape it.