Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Usa freedom act

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by skyhigh, Nov 8, 2013.

1. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    An online copy can be found at the bottom at the bottom of this article
    http://sensenbrenner.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=356911

The Freedom Act is proposed to end bulk collection of phone and internet communications, allowed under the Patriot Act.
    While I enjoy my "Freedom" from unreasonable searches, and my right to privacy, 2 thoughts ran thru my head......

1) Hey, I have nothing to hide. Let them read and listen to all my conversations, if that is what keeps up safe.
    (plus, I'm sure whoever listening will get a chuckle from some of my phone conversations. I'll probably be the talk of the office)

2) While we send and receive approximately 30 emails a day, 20 phone conversations and possibly a handful of forum and multi-media posts......that equals 60'some communications per day.....420 per week, 1600 per month, and over 20,000 per year

That being said......
    Should I really be worried about them being able to monitor my 1600 correspondence per month, when they can't seem to handle my ONE transaction, when applying for medical coverage on their website over the past month????

just my 2 cents.:ROFLMAO:

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :ROFLMAO: Ahhhh I like it..... I like it..... I like it......

3. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    I just had a revelation......

Being the NSA has access to all our phone, email, banking... and I'm sure health information (when they monitored my phone call to my proctologist)......why couldn't they network with "Healthcare.gov" office, and ISSUE me the plan that best suits my needs???? Why do I need to make a choice???

I'm a friggin genius.:rolleyes:

4. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    They are welcome to listen to anything I ever say on the phone. If they can figure out what in the hell half my customers are asking about they're way ahead of me.