• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Usa freedom act

skyhigh

An online copy can be found at the bottom at the bottom of this article
http://sensenbrenner.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=356911

The Freedom Act is proposed to end bulk collection of phone and internet communications, allowed under the Patriot Act.
“The government surveillance programs conducted under the Foreign Surveillance Intelligence Act are far broader than the American people previously understood.

The USA FREEDOM Act would end the dragnet collection of Americans’ phone records under Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act and ensure that other authorities cannot be used to justify similar dragnet collection. The bill also provides more safeguards for warrantless surveillance under the FISA Amendments Act.

While I enjoy my "Freedom" from unreasonable searches, and my right to privacy, 2 thoughts ran thru my head......

1) Hey, I have nothing to hide. Let them read and listen to all my conversations, if that is what keeps up safe.
(plus, I'm sure whoever listening will get a chuckle from some of my phone conversations. I'll probably be the talk of the office)

2) While we send and receive approximately 30 emails a day, 20 phone conversations and possibly a handful of forum and multi-media posts......that equals 60'some communications per day.....420 per week, 1600 per month, and over 20,000 per year

That being said......
Should I really be worried about them being able to monitor my 1600 correspondence per month, when they can't seem to handle my ONE transaction, when applying for medical coverage on their website over the past month????

just my 2 cents.:ROFLMAO:

skyhigh

I just had a revelation......

Being the NSA has access to all our phone, email, banking... and I'm sure health information (when they monitored my phone call to my proctologist)......why couldn't they network with "Healthcare.gov" office, and ISSUE me the plan that best suits my needs???? Why do I need to make a choice???

I'm a friggin genius.:rolleyes:

Pat Whatley

They are welcome to listen to anything I ever say on the phone. If they can figure out what in the hell half my customers are asking about they're way ahead of me.