• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Versacamm

eaddesigns

We have decided to get a Printer. Our Supplier has a used machine Sp300 that they will sell for 7,500. Comes with Rip and 6 months parts.

New to digital printing but pretty excited about jumping in.:Cool 2:
Would be doing smaller decals that is why we are going with the 30"

Just wondering what you guys thought about the price on this.

S

scarface

screw that, i bought mine for around $13,000 with shipping and the tech coming to install it. Buy a new one, the old ones had pump problems alot from what i hear.

Mosh

Pumps are not that much, I just replaced one in one of my printers. sp-300v $5k-$7k.
they should at leadt go throught the cleaning and maintenence with you for any price. It is not that much to learn, but you need to know how to do it properly.

strypguy

I paid $5K for my SP300V. It had already had the pump upgrade and I inspected and watched the printer in action before I bought it.

I figured if I could get one for less then half of new I would give it a try or just consider buying a new one if one could not be found.

It's opened up alot of opportunities for my business.

I've learned alot about the maintenance/care of the machine which I think is critical to it's smooth operation. I've changed wipers, sponges, cap tops and even one damper without the ned of a technician.

John

petepaz

if they throw in the training and installation it's not too bad
you can probably get a better deal but also you might not get the 6 month warranty

if you look around you might be able to wheel and deal and get a new one
for $10 or 11,000
and i know where you are coming from on the small decals but we had our 30" for like 6 or 8 months and we ended up buying the 54" (vp540
so much faster and just having the option to go bigger is great

off topic i know...if you are only planning on doing small decals, great. but every sign company that i know of that has purchased the 30" has said that if they had it to do over again they would have purchased the wider model. again if you are only going to be doing small decals, no problem. but if you are going to be doing banners, it is definitely something to think about.

eaddesigns

Did think about getting wider. But where i'm new in the digital printing world i'm a little nervous about the price on the wider 54".

Maybe i will see how low i can get him to go on the price.

ProColorGraphics

off topic i know...if you are only planning on doing small decals, great. but every sign company that i know of that has purchased the 30" has said that if they had it to do over again they would have purchased the wider model. again if you are only going to be doing small decals, no problem. but if you are going to be doing banners, it is definitely something to think about.

I second DanStriker on this as well. That is why I sold my SP-300V and got a new VP-540.

gnatt66

i have a vp300, got it in may 2009 and already wish i went bigger. am i positive i could justify the difference in $$? nope..but i want it. LOL.

can always oursource the larger jobs to a fine signs101 merchant member :)

DRamm76

You have to be careful when setting out to buy a printer that's been used. I know when we sell a printer that's been taken in on trade, we gut the sucker out and put in all new parts, and warranty it for a year. Without a warranty or service contract, print heads are VERY costly to replace.

We've sold a fair amount of refurbished and or used equipment. It's a great way to help people break into the business and start making money when they don't have much to invest in from the start. Good luck