Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using more than 1 plotter?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by Creations, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Creations

Creations New Member

May 8, 2008
    How do you have them set up physically?

i just got 4 new plotters and i need to be able to stack them or save some space some how...

any one make their own rack?

i was thinking, of building a stair step like rack, but i don't know how it will work ...

:thankyou:thanks in advance!

2. cOrKinSA

cOrKinSA Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2006
    You want to stack 4 plotters on top of each other to save space!?
    You ever see baby pigs fight for the same nipple!? I say spread them out so your employees don't interfere in each others way.

3. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Cute idea.... stacking them.... however, not very practical.

How on earth would you put or take off vinyl from the one on the bottom if the vinyl from the top three are still running. That could become a scheduling nightmare, not to mention, you'd have to be v-e-r-y tall to reach the top one. :doh:

Why not just put them on a large lazy susan and rotate them like a merry-go-round ?? You can be the guy that crawls under the deck to load and unload them from the middle. :rolleyes:

4. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I would think that if you stack them the vinyl coming out of the higher plotters will interfere with the vinyl coming out of the lower ones. I also think it's gonna get really old, really quick muscling full rolls of vinyl 5' in the air. Plus, you know that while you're trying to load vinyl in the bottom plotter you're going to bump the vinyl in the top one and get everything all screwed.

5. ahollow

ahollow Active Member

Dec 25, 2004
    Maybe they are just 12" Stikas. :smile:

6. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    for what the heck you need four plotters?

I can't imagine anyone running that much vinyl a day needing 4 different plotters.

7. Rollie

Rollie Very Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    I have a neighbor who's mother started the company 'Walltalks" (not in my town) and he say's that the company who cuts all the decals has his plotters stacked. Never seen it though.

8. Capital Signs

Capital Signs Very Active Member

Mar 24, 2008
    So, can you elaborate on what four plotters you just got?

9. Creations

Creations New Member

May 8, 2008
    I got 4 mk2 graphtecs...

....employees don't interfere in each others way" -our jobs are entered automatically one person will run 4 plotters.

...How on earth would you put or take off vinyl from the one on the bottom if the vinyl from the top three are still running.- media catches between each/media will be stored on the media raxx on the wall.

...You can be the guy that crawls under the deck, i am that guy and i like the lazy susan idea... it might work!--

...for what the heck you need four plotters?
    .. we run 3 shifts 7 days during the 4th quarter...heatset , flock, samples, masking vinyl for sandblast...

thanks for all the thoughts, and any in the future.

10. cOrKinSA

cOrKinSA Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Hmm... You seem like an interesting fellow, tell us about yourself and your business?
    Maybe perhaps an Intro thread...?

11. Capital Signs

Capital Signs Very Active Member

Mar 24, 2008
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS Please do!

12. Creations

Creations New Member

May 8, 2008
    Done. my introduction is Titled "hello from chicago burbs."

13. Fuzzbuster

Fuzzbuster Active Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Hope your as big and tall as ARNOLD S. to load the Full 54inch roll on the top #4 cutter?:notworthy:

W.T.F.:banghead:>?????????

14. Creations

Creations New Member

May 8, 2008
    ...we pretty much came up with the idea of making two racks, with "pivoting" arms stacked up two high... they will swing out to be loaded.media catches between ...I will post a picture if i can...