• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

using more than 1 plotter?

Creations

How do you have them set up physically?

i just got 4 new plotters and i need to be able to stack them or save some space some how...

any one make their own rack?

i was thinking, of building a stair step like rack, but i don't know how it will work ...

:thankyou:thanks in advance!

cOrKinSA

You want to stack 4 plotters on top of each other to save space!?
You ever see baby pigs fight for the same nipple!? I say spread them out so your employees don't interfere in each others way.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cute idea.... stacking them.... however, not very practical.

How on earth would you put or take off vinyl from the one on the bottom if the vinyl from the top three are still running. That could become a scheduling nightmare, not to mention, you'd have to be v-e-r-y tall to reach the top one. :doh:

Why not just put them on a large lazy susan and rotate them like a merry-go-round ?? You can be the guy that crawls under the deck to load and unload them from the middle. :rolleyes:

Pat Whatley

I would think that if you stack them the vinyl coming out of the higher plotters will interfere with the vinyl coming out of the lower ones. I also think it's gonna get really old, really quick muscling full rolls of vinyl 5' in the air. Plus, you know that while you're trying to load vinyl in the bottom plotter you're going to bump the vinyl in the top one and get everything all screwed.

Techman

for what the heck you need four plotters?

I can't imagine anyone running that much vinyl a day needing 4 different plotters.

R08

I have a neighbor who's mother started the company 'Walltalks" (not in my town) and he say's that the company who cuts all the decals has his plotters stacked. Never seen it though.

Creations

I got 4 mk2 graphtecs...

....employees don't interfere in each others way" -our jobs are entered automatically one person will run 4 plotters.

...How on earth would you put or take off vinyl from the one on the bottom if the vinyl from the top three are still running.- media catches between each/media will be stored on the media raxx on the wall.

...You can be the guy that crawls under the deck, i am that guy and i like the lazy susan idea... it might work!--

...for what the heck you need four plotters?
.. we run 3 shifts 7 days during the 4th quarter...heatset , flock, samples, masking vinyl for sandblast...

thanks for all the thoughts, and any in the future.

cOrKinSA

Hmm... You seem like an interesting fellow, tell us about yourself and your business?
Maybe perhaps an Intro thread...?

Creations

...we pretty much came up with the idea of making two racks, with "pivoting" arms stacked up two high... they will swing out to be loaded.media catches between ...I will post a picture if i can...