• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

USTECH 65" MVT-600 cold laminator purchase from Dave at bestdgi.com

trakers

Many of you may have seen my post looking for a new laminator. Small shop, small market, very limited funds due to no real ROI on this equipment besides our sanity trying to laminate 4x8 sheets with a huge BS.

Long story short, looked at all the top names. Far too expensive for our current budget. Contacted our sales rep from where we typically buy equipment. No call back, no follow up.

Stumbled across the USTECH branded laminators. Extensive research revealed the equipment to be solid based on my research and the private conversations I had with many here who run them everyday in their shops.

I'll be totally frank when I say I was somewhat worried about the company itself. Spelling errors on their website and instructional Youtube videos, PayPal as the preferred method of payment, etc.

At the urging of several of you, I called Dave at Bestdgi.com and chatted about the laminators they offer. I also spoke with another quite knowledgeable fella there that answered all my questions.

Yesterday I called Dave and we made the deal on a new MVT-600 65” Electric Adjust Laminator with 5 year warranty within a couple minutes.

In a week or so the unit should be here and I will offer up a detailed pictorial review at that time.

I am totally new to wide-format lamination, I’ve read everything I can find, but I’m sure I’ll be asking questions. Someone posted a link in WRAPS magazine that detailed the typical wrinkling issues and such, thanks for that. If anyone else has any good articles, I’m all eyes.

So guys and gals, excited to get the machine here. I KNOW it’s not a Seal, I KNOW it’s probably not the best laminator out there, I KNOW we’ll pretty much be on our own if issues arise and I’m OK with that considering the unit cost 1/3 - 1/4 of the other brands I looked at.

Anyway, the performance of the machine will be determined soon enough after we get it. The primary purpose of this post was to convey a very positive experience thus far with Dave and the staff at bestdgi.com

We’ve already received an invoice and tracking information will follow soon.

I'll add updates as time allows.

Last edited:

KevSign

We bough our with heat assist working great, couple faulty sensor but they send parts right away.

I will buy from them again.

player

Many of you may have seen my post looking for a new laminator. Small shop, small market, very limited funds due to no real ROI on this equipment besides our sanity trying to laminate 4x8 sheets with a huge BS.

Long story short, looked at all the top names. Far too expensive for our current budget. Contacted our sales rep from where we typically buy equipment. No call back, no follow up.

Stumbled across the USTECH branded laminators. Extensive research revealed the equipment to be solid based on my research and the private conversations I had with many here who run them everyday in their shops.

You didn't "stumble across" it, I told you about USTech in the first reply to your thread:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/show...ns-of-quality-laminator&p=1182854#post1182854

Dennis422

Someone posted a link in WRAPS magazine that detailed the typical wrinkling issues and such, thanks for that. If anyone else has any good articles, I’m all eyes.

Congrats.
Can you share that link with us. I would like to see it.

Thanks

BALLPARK

I am very happy with our US Tech Pro 65C. I wish I had just paid a few bucks more for the heat assist. But no biggie...

I am impressed with the tracking and love the push button to raise and lower the unit. I will continue to purchase their laminators in the future. Saves money and they work great!

jtinker

Owner
Thats good to know, I looked at the bright neon colors and price and immediately bought a Seal a week later. Give us an update in a couple months, I would be interested to see how it holds up over time. Weve had one step motor issue that I had to replace in our SEAL and its going to be 8 months sicne we had the thing.

trakers

Ours will get such light use we will not be a good indicator of reliability and day to day ruggedness that would be needed in a really busy sign shop with multiple uses per day.

Like I mentioned, in pure ROI terms it was not a smart business decision, yet after ruining yet *another* large print last week and sweating it every time we had to do one, even to the point of printing two prints knowing the odds of trashing the first one were so high.

I've yet to read anyone who has had really bad luck with one, but I'm sure someone has.

I guess we shall see. :)

klemgraphics

I think you will be well pleased with your purchase!

I've had my MVT-600 for 3 years now with no problems at all. I can laminate long runs(100'+) with only 1/4" variance in tracking. I also use it to mount full 4'x8' prints regularly which it does a wonderful job with as well. I'm in a rural area with a limited market as well and the time savings alone paid for the machine in no time at all. I'm tempted to get a second machine so I can have one loaded with cast and one with calendared lam all the time.

The only thing I wish it had was a takeup reel, but I could easily add one too as far as that goes.

Service from them is great too! I recently kicked and broke my foot pedal on accident and needed a replacement...Dave had it taken care of within an hour of sending him an email...on a Saturday!

Probably the only brand I will look at in the future.

trakers

A quick update. Dave E-mailed me today with tracking info. So far they have performed as promised. It has been a pleasure doing business with them and I don't expect that to change.

On the other hand, all my "friends" seem to be busy the day the 700lb crate arrives and needs toted inside.

One response from my "best" friend was "What day did you say that was?? Oh I think I'm busy that day"
Funny part is he owns a gym and claims to be a fellow weight lifter...

Last edited:

BALLPARK

Dave handled our purchase just as agreed. I was very happy with the process and even happier months after he saved me thousands when compared to other units I was looking to purchase at the time.

I am not familiar with the model you purchased. But our Pro C version is pretty sweet and very impressed with the tracking on long runs! Maybe my laminator will not last as long as a Seal, but then again if it only gets me 5-7 years, I could always purchase a new unit and still be under the Seal price!