• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV bonding

Cynosure

Have a customer looking to have acrylic letters installed using a "UV bonding method". Is anyone familiar with this method? Sounds like Weldon to me?Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Something like what many dentists use now- an acrylic adhesive that's activated with a UV light?
Can't say that I've ever heard of it being used for letters- so I guess I learned something today! It appears you'll need them to be a bit more specific as to the type they'd like you to use.

Johnny Best

I have used it for small things. You have a clear liquid and hardens when exposed to UV light. It is quick to set up, maybe that is why they want it. The glue cannot be hidden behind something because it will not cure unless exposed to UV.

Creighton

As a bit of a glue nut, there are quite a few different UV adhesives most typically varying in viscosity for different tasks. But for all of them you want a relatively thin layer that can be cured by a light source. If you're working in an area with UV exposure it may set rapidly on you, and generally you tend to "build up" the glue for larger projects.

But I wonder if your customer is talking about something else. Sure they're not crossing it up with UV printing? I'm a relative newb, but isn't acrylic a common challenge for which you might use UV printing? Hence a print with a UV bond. Could that be the case?