• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV Ink or Other?

Robert Gruner

I am looking for a flatbed printer to print high resolution images on translucent polypropylene – 0.020” thick, and pvc – 0.10” thick. If it was hybrid to handle roll stock that would work too. We have tried printing on these products on a Mimaki UJF 605C but the ink wouldn’t adhere.

Screen print inks are the only way we can currently print to these substrates.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You work for NuSign who sells materials, you guys back dooring more customers and printing for profit like they do in LA now also?

Robert Gruner

BigFish,

I have a client in North TX that I sold a Mimaki 602C. One of their applications requires them to print on clear polypropylene and pvc.
We can precoat the product and laminate after, but we have not been able to find any "digital printed ink" that will be steadfast.

I am looking to see if any users know of a solution?

It would appear that someone with you wealth of knowledge of the wideformat digital printing industry either can't answer my question; or, prefers not to because of personal problems in the past.

Whatever it was or is, my sage advice is "get over it".

swordguy3222

On our Fuji Acuity we have tried to print on acrylic and lexans with no troubles. The KI UV ink that Fuji has even worked on glass. Haven't tried polypropylene or pvc yet.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
BigFish,

I have a client in North TX that I sold a Mimaki 602C. One of their applications requires them to print on clear polypropylene and pvc.
We can precoat the product and laminate after, but we have not been able to find any "digital printed ink" that will be steadfast.

I am looking to see if any users know of a solution?

It would appear that someone with you wealth of knowledge of the wideformat digital printing industry either can't answer my question; or, prefers not to because of personal problems in the past.

Whatever it was or is, my sage advice is "get over it".

:omg::corndog:

10sacer

I print on .005 polypropylene for paint roller cover packaging samples with my CET and it works fine. helps having the white ink, too. Have to use only one lamp on low power, though.