Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UV Ink or Other?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by Robert Gruner, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Robert Gruner

Robert Gruner Member

Mar 6, 2012
    houston tx
    I am looking for a flatbed printer to print high resolution images on translucent polypropylene – 0.020” thick, and pvc – 0.10” thick. If it was hybrid to handle roll stock that would work too. We have tried printing on these products on a Mimaki UJF 605C but the ink wouldn’t adhere.

Screen print inks are the only way we can currently print to these substrates.

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    You work for NuSign who sells materials, you guys back dooring more customers and printing for profit like they do in LA now also?

3. Robert Gruner

Robert Gruner Member

Mar 6, 2012
    houston tx
    BigFish,

I have a client in North TX that I sold a Mimaki 602C. One of their applications requires them to print on clear polypropylene and pvc.
    We can precoat the product and laminate after, but we have not been able to find any "digital printed ink" that will be steadfast.

I am looking to see if any users know of a solution?

It would appear that someone with you wealth of knowledge of the wideformat digital printing industry either can't answer my question; or, prefers not to because of personal problems in the past.

Whatever it was or is, my sage advice is "get over it".

4. swordguy3222

swordguy3222 New Member

May 18, 2012
    Canada
    On our Fuji Acuity we have tried to print on acrylic and lexans with no troubles. The KI UV ink that Fuji has even worked on glass. Haven't tried polypropylene or pvc yet.

5. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    try roland uvj 640 so far our prints on everything

6. wedosigns

wedosigns Member

Sep 8, 2011
    :popcorn:

7. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    :omg::corndog:

8. 10sacer

10sacer Active Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Concord, NC
    I print on .005 polypropylene for paint roller cover packaging samples with my CET and it works fine. helps having the white ink, too. Have to use only one lamp on low power, though.