• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UVJ-640 skew fix

petepaz

we have been running our uvj for a few months now and it works great but as a lot of people on here said the roller feed can cause you parts to be off a little. i am printing an .060 styrene job two sided so this is where it needs to be accurate. printed the first sheet and it was off left/right about .125 to .150 so i bent up some .050 alum. put adhesive on the ends and hooked up these guides now it is righ on the money

Attachments

• guide.jpg
    guide.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 68
  • guide-1.jpg
    guide-1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 74
  • guide-2.jpg
    guide-2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 71

kanini

Nice fix! Those should come as a accessory from Roland! :smile: How do you like the machine so far, I've been looking into one (if I ever get that much extra money), but I wanted to ask how the ink consumption/cost is? It has only 220 ml cartridges, and for Versacamms the ink cost is quite high/ml in the smaller cartridges. And how is the print speed (not that I'd ever need something lightning fast but it shouldn't take half a day to print a coro sheet also). Nice printer though...

petepaz

the machine is great over all but it does have a couple of negetives. the quality is great speed not so good. the cart.s are more expensive than the eco-sol but we figure that in our cost. the main thing is this helps lighten our silk screen dept. load and it hos done a great job with that. prints on a ton of different materials. one other problem i noticed in addition to the slow print speed is the accuracy. we have two different jobs we are working on and both of which have measuring scales printed on them and they are off anywhere from .125 to .19

artbot

tilt the back table very slightly into the nip. it will increase the down force on the pinch rollers and reduce "scratching" (when the bottom wheels turn and lose steps in the x direction due to lack of traction.

kanini

Thanks for your feedback, maybe you could put up a video of it printing one day? Tried to search for one online but did just find one or two... Good luck with your printing!

petepaz

artbot thanks for the tip but the job we are having this issue with is printed from a roll not on the flatbed option. our tech guy said clean the rollers with a tooth brush and check the pinch wheels, they can ware and would need to be replaced. still waiting for the roland people to get back to me