Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ValueJET 64" Printing GRAYS

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by SignsRus, Mar 25, 2008.

1. SignsRus

SignsRus Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Anyone out there have a valuejet and figured out how to get anything even close to a gray?

Tags:
  2. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    a good profile with balanced cyan and magenta levels.

Not to say that it is that easy.....

3. D&Tgraphics

D&Tgraphics Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Lockport, NY
    A good profile will do it. I have the 1204, same machine just smaller, and never had a problem with gray.

4. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Same here 1204 and 0 problems with colors what so ever!!!!

5. schurms

schurms Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Let me guess, Flexi RIP ?

6. ProWraps™

ProWraps™ Guest

what profiles.. all my greys turn green..

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Member

Mar 29, 2008
    :beerGray has never been an issue.... Use a good profile...

8. Matt Cuellar

Matt Cuellar Active Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Learn to create a custom profile and understand how and what makes it "good." I print black and whites and greys for my sample swatches all the time and people ask if it's a professional grade reproduction. Accurate channel restrictions and a good balanced linearization will help. Good luck, call me if you need any assistance.

9. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Would you please explain this ?

10. Matt Cuellar

Matt Cuellar Active Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Sure, learn how to use your RIP's profile assessment tools. See if you're getting a wide gamut and actually getting the maximum potential out of your media. Learn what workspace means and what is appropriate for your workflow, understand what terms like "Delta E" linearization, and all sorts of other color "buzzwords" mean and how they actually play into your workflow. I don't mean this rudely, but any half-intelligent person can create a profile by following instructions...but learning what to look for, how to tighten a profile, how to balance it out if your initial results are skewed are a whole another ballgame.

11. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    Used to use Signlab as the RIP and to be quiet honest it couldn't RIP toilet tissue!! Using Wasatch RIP never had a problem. Greys are Greys in Wasatch unlike burgundies and greens of signlab.

My advice use a proper RIP not a Sign programme.

Sean

12. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Heyskull what version of signlab did you use?

13. lctypesetting

lctypesetting New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    nothing beats doing a few swatches for a test print. I use PMS color mixes and they get me close, but depending on my print mode (quality, banner, graphic, etc) I notice a big change in the density of the color. You might try the built in color library to get off to a good start, but be ready to do some CMYK mix modifications before everything turns out perfect. And I NEVER use any of the RGB swatches. EVER.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  14. laserman70

laserman70 Very Active Member

Dec 25, 2007
    usa
    We have a mutoh 1624.
    Never had an issue with printing grays