• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJET 64" Printing GRAYS

Matt Cuellar

Learn to create a custom profile and understand how and what makes it "good." I print black and whites and greys for my sample swatches all the time and people ask if it's a professional grade reproduction. Accurate channel restrictions and a good balanced linearization will help. Good luck, call me if you need any assistance.

Matt Cuellar

Sure, learn how to use your RIP's profile assessment tools. See if you're getting a wide gamut and actually getting the maximum potential out of your media. Learn what workspace means and what is appropriate for your workflow, understand what terms like "Delta E" linearization, and all sorts of other color "buzzwords" mean and how they actually play into your workflow. I don't mean this rudely, but any half-intelligent person can create a profile by following instructions...but learning what to look for, how to tighten a profile, how to balance it out if your initial results are skewed are a whole another ballgame.

heyskull

Used to use Signlab as the RIP and to be quiet honest it couldn't RIP toilet tissue!! Using Wasatch RIP never had a problem. Greys are Greys in Wasatch unlike burgundies and greens of signlab.

My advice use a proper RIP not a Sign programme.

Sean

lctypesetting

nothing beats doing a few swatches for a test print. I use PMS color mixes and they get me close, but depending on my print mode (quality, banner, graphic, etc) I notice a big change in the density of the color. You might try the built in color library to get off to a good start, but be ready to do some CMYK mix modifications before everything turns out perfect. And I NEVER use any of the RGB swatches. EVER.

Last edited: