• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 64"

msrobere

A couple of weeks ago I had my cyan and black nozzle half way out. Did several cleanings with the same results. Call tech support, sent out a tech, come to find out one of the ink drain lines was clog. took a syringe to the drain line and bingo all nozzles were back to normal. Showed me how to check if it every happens again.

msrobere

Where the cappping station is, if you remove the panel below. there is 2 small hoses to the left that come out and then go into another piece. I will have to take pictures to show detail more of what to look for. Well depending on how mutoh set up the drain line my was originally setup where the 2 lines went into a y then into a larger drain line. Well after the tech call mutoh it wasn't suppose to be setup this way. He capped of the y and put the 2 lines where they were suppose to be after clearing the clog. I will post some pictures so that you can see what to look at.
I was going nuts for a couple of days trying to get the printer to fire all nozzles. Finally Mutoh sent a tech and about 20 minutes he had it back to normal.

kirkbedtelyon

Take a lint free rag, take one of the solvent cleaner cartridges. Cut open the cartridge so you can use the liquid, soak the lint free rag in the cleaner solvent, place the rag on the capping station. Raise the head height to high and bring it into the capping station, then lower the head height & let soak for a couple hours. After soaking do a normal cleaning on the head & it should be fine. I did this because my 'M' wasn't firing correctly nor was 'K'. Works GREAT!

I'm not sure I understand just where you placed the solvent soaked cloth so that it made contact with the head...Could someone please explain?

Thanks.

MITCHATEXOTIC

Problem Was For Me

the small lines directly beneath the capping station were clogged .Used small syringe and a gentle touch.ti do these tiny lines you need to dismantle the capping station so be careful

randya

I'm not sure I understand just where you placed the solvent soaked cloth so that it made contact with the head...Could someone please explain?

Thanks.

Place it on the cap:

http://www2.mutoh.com/public/Manuals/User Operations Manuals/VJ-1604/ValueJet 1604 Maintenance.pdf

Be very careful not to damage the bottom of the head, use a clean room non-shedding wipe and the cleaning fluid from a Mutoh eco-solvent cleaning cartridge.
Rewet the cloth about every 15-20 minutes, it may take a few times or even a few hours to fully recover all nozzles.
Remove the cloth and immediately do a strong cleaning, maybe too.

Repeat as needed

CheapVehicleWrap

I always read "crack open a cleaning cartridge". I simply use a hypodermic syringe from a "regular" injet refill kit or insulin syringe to poke the rubber seal. Seems like you'd waste allot of that expensive fluid by cracking open a cartridge. Another thing, I asked my supplier (The GRS) a merchant member here for some cleaning fluid and he asked if I still had the 4 cleaning cartridges that came with the printer. I assumed them to be empty as I only used them once, but they were all like half full! Thanks Chris from THE GRS

randya

I always read "crack open a cleaning cartridge". I simply use a hypodermic syringe from a "regular" injet refill kit or insulin syringe to poke the rubber seal. Seems like you'd waste allot of that expensive fluid by cracking open a cartridge. Another thing, I asked my supplier (The GRS) a merchant member here for some cleaning fluid and he asked if I still had the 4 cleaning cartridges that came with the printer. I assumed them to be empty as I only used them once, but they were all like half full! Thanks Chris from THE GRS

Inside the plastic cartridge is a mylar bag.
So you crack open the cart to get at this bag.
Clip a corner off the bag and pour the liquid into a poly bottle.

CheapVehicleWrap

Inside the plastic cartridge is a mylar bag.
So you crack open the cart to get at this bag.
Clip a corner off the bag and pour the liquid into a poly bottle.

Or you could put "Chip Clip" on the bag I guess. Mine remains sealed, clean and I can extract exactly as little as I want. The needle nipple is already there.