• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valuejet banding, ever seen this?

wesley

Well all colors except for black was doing it. But now a new problem... I successfully changed the magenta dampers but now when I print a block of red it comes out yellow.:frustrated:
I dont think that the magenta ink is getting any further than the dampers.
And also am getting a stray straight line or two going across the printed areas.
Im goin crazy dude

thanks again

artbot

if the printer has been sitting for a while not doing routine cycles, the ink in the cap may have leached over to the damper... so i'd just pull the damper to see if it has color contamination.

i know this is frustrating. and broken printers can usually get worse as they sit idle and dry and clog, etc. so you probably now have a few things wrong. but just divide and conquer. first i'd get that magenta line cleaned. whether it's vacuum, or clogs... it's very cheap and easy. in about 15 minutes, you have a perfectly clean magenta ink line.

then i'd scan this line that is appearing in the print and post it. don't photograph it if possible. scans are better.

when you have a gradual issue that works it's way across the head. like the top prints but the bottom doesn't, that is a sign of the cap not seating well. on your machine, i'm assuming that the black is on the outside of the cap?

wesley

Thanks again Artbot... Wiuld you say that bottom of the head (where the ink sprays out) should sit absolutely flush level and not be tilted whatsoever?
Cause when I look at the head it is definitly tilted. And so happens that the side of the head that sits the lowest is the side with the black ink head.
So that side is probably completely capping but he other side is not whic would explain the problems with those 3 colors... Does that make since to you Artbot?
thanks again

Stealth Ryder

"Find out where air is getting into the system and correct it"

There's your problem, re-seat the Head (correctly) in the CR Assy..

wesley

Ahhh I sure hope so, but would you happen to know what I need to do to straighten it?
I have engaged that spring mechanism on the front plate that holds the head and tried to physically move the head but cant seem to move it.
thanks alot

Stealth Ryder

You can visualy see if the Print Head is level by observing (tilt up left-tilt up right) it's position while it is out to the left in refference to the Platen... This is very easy to spot if looking for it but overlooked by many who do not know to check for... It is very easy to seat the Head incorrectly, heck I have done it myself while rushed back in the day... I have since learned to check prior to re-assembly of all the residual parts... This pic will not show the correct angle to observe from but look at the "silver" band around the actual print head, if slanted you will see in relationship to the Platen.

or

Get an actual technician to repair your machine.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited: