• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet printing only black! help!!

waximoff

First thing this morning I had an issue with my black ink cartridge. The error message read "[K] ink empty". So I took the cartridge and could feel that it was about 80 percent full still. Looking around the shop I found an old black cartridge that really was empty and peeled the smartchip card off and replaced it with the card that was in the printer.. VOILA! problem fixed.

Here's where the prob starts. I load up and rip the next job, the first 100 stickers to come were just black art anyway, but when the next 350 that were supposed to be red started to come out beneath the cover were black also, I hit the cancel button.

I went back to flexi and loaded up a small red test rectangle and printed that... Jet black!

So I'm guessing some settings have been changed, doesn't sound like a clogged print head to me.. Then again, I've never had a clogged one. haha

Anybody have any ideas? I've been online for 8 hours trying to reach Printer support on signwarehouse.. no luck yet.

waximoff

where are the lights? I only have "height of head", "effect", and "cleaning mode" none of which have 3 lights, only 2.

waximoff

i've both called signwarehouse tech support and tried to get through on their website for the entire day.. nu luck yet.

Valentino

Self-Proclaimed: Mutoh Technician

It could a problem with your printhead head cable, a problem with the main board, possibly printhead (but I doubt that), maybe the CR board.

Does the VJ have a clean nozzle check? with all 4 colors?

You need to troubleshoot whether or not the printer is having trouble printing CMK from the main board, or if it is happening in translational on the CR board. in laymen's terms (if it is the mainboard tc/ip connection or if it is the color chip)

My guess would be that it is something to do with the main board assembly and the only remedy for that is to replace it. My first go to when I had problems was Mutoh direct, just ask for Ken Lee or Ken Bloom, really helpful guys. If your printer needs parts and is under warranty they will then need to have SW input a service call to Mutoh, to send out parts and a GEI repairman.

-Kevin

Valentino

Whatever the problem is, you need to have a technician sent out to diagnose which board needs replacing. Email TechnicalSupport@Signwarehouse.com, give them your account phone number and the problems to have them call you. oddly enough they answer email faster, and they have a technician there until 8pm Central Time.

did you leave the machine on or had you just turned it on that day?

-Kevin

waximoff

I'll go that route tomorrow morning.. Just all seems odd that this happens right after I replaced that black cartridge. This machine is 1 year old this week, If there is already something major wrong with it?? Well, I would be totally disappointed with this manufacturer.

When you mess with the color outputs in Flex production manager, will that change the way the printer itself will nozzle check?

waximoff

I just moved the printhead to the center to check out the ink lines. All but 2 of the lines have black running through them!

randya

Check the ends of your cartridges, where they plug into the printer there should be a circle with a letter in it.
b for black
c for cyan, etc

waximoff

the cartridges are all in the correct slots. they were untouched in the first place, which makes it all the more wierd.
I just did a headwash and put the cartridges back in.
Now i'm getting a "[kcmy]discharged" error. grrr. frustrating