• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet

Urban Image

Dingtec makes good laminators. They are basic but good. It's all you really need, in my opinion.

Calgraph... They are good technicians but you don't want them to be your phone support. I still say call around and see if other more reliable companies can beat SW's price.

Ken1f

PrismJet or ValueJet? I was just looking at SW website at these two printers and am assuming that they are the same printer with different labels on them. When you click on the specs. for the PrismJet it goes to a PDF that is for the ValueJet. My question is that if they are otherwise the same why is anyone buying the ValueJet over the PrismJet? Reading the information on SW the PrismJet has a 3 year warranty but the ValueJet has only 1.

Ken

Derf

PrismJet or ValueJet? I was just looking at SW website at these two printers and am assuming that they are the same printer with different labels on them. When you click on the specs. for the PrismJet it goes to a PDF that is for the ValueJet. My question is that if they are otherwise the same why is anyone buying the ValueJet over the PrismJet? Reading the information on SW the PrismJet has a 3 year warranty but the ValueJet has only 1.

Ken

Read the warranty because GEI only gives you one year support and SW gives you 3 but only by phone! Still that's not so bad.

I just bought the Prismjet it will get here Thurs. It is the same printer however you need to go through one more middle man with service 1) SW 2) GEI Calgraph 3) Mutoh.

GEI sucks so adding WS is a good thing. besides your going to need to learn how to fix it your self any way.

Parts is Parts!... LOL

They gave me a great deal and I did not beat it out of them. I have just done Biz with them before for large ticket items.

Valentino

the valuejet 3 warranty from SW comes with a catch. No matter what, you get an 1 year onsite warranty and free lifetime phone support for the valuejet.

if you want to extend your onsite warranty to 2 or 3 years, you have to sign a contact with signwarehouse to purchase 2,000 dollars worth every month for 12 months to extend your onsite warranty for the following year, so if you want two years, 24 months.

so if you want a 3 year warranty it will be an extra $48,000 worth of supplies.

for some this is a sweet deal because signwarehouse does have good prices and if you do alot of printing, your gonna have to buy the material somewhere. But for others 2,000 dollars worth of vinyl/supplies is a ton.

Last edited:

Ken1f

I called and told Robert what I was interested in and received a call from Tiffany the next day with their prices. Show pricing on the 48" PrismJet printer with the 54" cutter is $18,995 plus $1,000 in free supplies of your choice. You can add on a 53" laminator for $3,495. Seems quite a bit higher than I the prices I have been reading here. Where else might I find the same equipment for a better price?

Thanks
Ken

Valentino

gregory has the a graphtec 54" and the Valuejet for around 17K +

but seriously.....Signwarehouse just put out an email ad (at the end of may) stating that the pricing would be 21,995 for the laminate, cutter and printer.

dzign

I've not been using my printer much for the last couple of weeks and now I've got clogged nozzles (two of the magenta). I'm just repeating the cleaning cycles. Any other ideas?

Jackpine

I've not been using my printer much for the last couple of weeks and now I've got clogged nozzles (two of the magenta). I'm just repeating the cleaning cycles. Any other ideas?
You are in the wrong thread and you have blocked email and PM's for help outside the forum. You can soak a LINT FREE cloth with cleaning solution, put it on the cap station and park the print heads on that to soak. Let it soak for a few hours. Keep it moist. Make a test print with 1.2"x2" rectangles of C, Y, M, K, R, G,B and print it. The print only has to be maybe 12" to 24". Print at bi-directional 720x720. This may force the color through the heads. Good luck.

heyskull

Well we had our new Lancer 64", (rebranded in the UK Valuejet 64") Plotter and cold laminator on Friday.

There is only one word

WOW

It is stunning.
I was previously using a friends Mimaki JV3 for the past 3-4 months which was good this machine blows it away.

And I had advised the friend on the mimaki as it was a full solvent machine as he has a large screen printing business and it would complement his machinery.
I am truly sorry (I haven't told him!!!) but I think I gave him wrong advice.

The mutoh has no banding issues (at least not worth talking about) is faster and much better quality than the JV3.
No nasty smells and the prints are super hard wearing in fact it looks like the print is part of the vinyl.
Printed 20' x 5' in full colour yesterday and it took no time at all.

I opted for the bigger machine as the deal was just to good, sadly they couldn't offer me the plotter and laminator the same size (was nearly doubling the price) but I am well pleased.

You all know what it is like you buy the smaller machine and in 6 months you are seriously wishing you bought the big one. Although I do not see much need for a 100" machine. Who would want to load a 50Metre Roll into one of those it must feel like you have had a work out.

SC

dzign

You are in the wrong thread and you have blocked email and PM's for help outside the forum. You can soak a LINT FREE cloth with cleaning solution, put it on the cap station and park the print heads on that to soak. Let it soak for a few hours. Keep it moist. Make a test print with 1.2"x2" rectangles of C, Y, M, K, R, G,B and print it. The print only has to be maybe 12" to 24". Print at bi-directional 720x720. This may force the color through the heads. Good luck.

Thanx for the info Jackpine. Will your method of cleaning the nozzles work for a Valuejet 48"? That's why I asked this question in this forum by the way. I've also ublocked my email and pms for your convenience for any help you can give me. I can get the printhead carriage to move away from the cap station to clean the wipers. At this point, is this when I lay the saturated lint-free cloth over the cap station, and do I let the cloth cover the wiper too? What cleaning solution do you recommend?

By the way, before reading your reply, and after several cleaning cycles and one last 'little charge' produced from the 'cleaning' menu on the machine's control panel, I finally cleared all my nozzles. But I still want any advice you can offer for the future, I used about half my ink cartridges with the cleaning cycles.