• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet

Buddy

That's counting the time it took to process the file. The image was a full color shot of the interior of a cathedral.

Yea....we print a 4x8 full bleed solid color background 100% coverage in 20 minutes.

I used to be able to hand paint a 4x8 in that length of time but it would burn the hairs out of my quils when I did so now we have a printer !! :Big Laugh

S

Sign-Man Signs

Thanks for the help. We're going to try it. Thanks so much!

kirkbedtelyon

Hello all,

Signwarehouse gave me (I think) a great deal, end of month special, 48" Prismjet V, 54" Q130 Plotter, 60" Cold Laminator, FLEXIsign 8.0 and a complete startup package of inks, media, graphics, misc and FREE shipping, for $18K total.

Bill
Signxpress

Thanks for your help Bill. I've been comunicating with Sign Warehouse for a couple weeks now and at first felt I was being offered a pretty good deal. I "knew" the price you quoted in your post had to be a type-o. I thought for sure you meant 28K because my quote was for the same price WITHOUT the 54" cutter, auto registration mark sensor, extra vinyl, printer presence, and roll of vinyl (and you also mentoned free shipping)! My sales person wouldn't even include an additional $50 piece of software at no charge and acted as if it were a "deal breaker".

Things seem to be changing after I mentioned your deal (and had my salesman look it up). I was offered a much lower price (thousands lower)! However, at this point I'm interested in adding on the cutter and basicly getting the exact same deal you recieved and I'd be a happy camper.

I realize that SW is in business to make money (aren't we all). What gets me a little hot is the way I was presented with the deal. It was like my offer was the greatest thing since sliced bread and $50 bucks was a deal breaker.

I'll find out Monday (March 5) if Sign Warehouse will step up to the plate and match the price you recieved.

Kirk

kirkbedtelyon

YES! THANK YOU SIGN WAREHOUSE for stepping up to the plate and making me a very happy customer and renewing my confidence! I'll be ordering again!

Kirk

javila

I saw some prints from the Valujet at the SGIA(i think that's the name of the convention) here in miami. These prints are fantastic. There were at least 4 valujets being shows by different distributor, not one of them had a bad print.

I'm amazed. (I have a 545ex btw)

ChiefBL

Hello Kirk,

CONGRATULATIONS on your Valuejet purchase. We were very happy to assist you in your purchase. Hope it is all you expected.

$18.7K was the deal they gave me....hope you were close.

Don't feel sorry about getting a great deal....they have much deeper pockets than you and I, and we are in the trenches fighting for every little penny.

I understand how you would feel upset with them...when they were going to sell you the same products for $25-28K.

We are still very pleased with our Valuejet, Q130 and Laminator. The Contour cutting is unbelievable and 110% satisfied with the printing.

We also thank Sign Warehouse!!! We will be long term customers!!

Bill

ndo

arrived

My ValueJet arrived yesterday and I am waiting the technician to install it.
I hope i made the right choice as this is the first machine coming at Greece

Matt Cuellar

ndo,

The set up is a breeze! You should do it yourself so you don't have to wait! It'll only take about 45 minutes! You'll be amazed at your purchase, this one of the best solvent printers I've ever worked with hands down! Kudos to Mutoh too, their support is really awesome on this product.

Matt

Matt Cuellar

Yup, but I prefer other media types. Honestly, most of the Diamond Shield line is GMI product. But still, it works good.

Matt

ezkimo

Just finished a 48 hrh work day, 650 square meters of graphics most of them single color circles with some slogans.
there were 1060 pieces diverted in four sizes (40cm, 60cm, 80cm and 100cm)

i printed the 40 and 60 on the VJ and the 80 and 100 on the toucan)
ValueJet:
about 250 square meters on "banner4" last couple of days.

ink use: (250cl charts)
5 magenta
3 yellow 2
2 black
cyan

About 400 square meters on the Toucan on 360x360 (bi) dpi took about 8 liters of ink

everything laminated with a kala 62" laminator

Ive got a 3rd party takeup with a heatlamp and a fan on the valueJet
and a infraread heater on the toucan.

those kind of a job's income will pay off the printer in few days.

kirkbedtelyon

Got our Valuejet and LOVE it! Got a great deal from Sign Warehouse. I was pleased with the tech support in setting it up and the prints are very nice. I also purchased the Q130 plotter/cutter and used it to contour cut prints from the Valuejet. FLAWLESS and EASY! Thanks for the great deal SW!

creative

1- if I knew what I know now about Mutoh, I would never buy a printer from them, but ea case is different it happens that we have awesome support for our versa540 here in phoenix.
The only bad side from Mutoh is their tech support, before, during and after the 1 yr warranty expires, then they charge a lot of money for ea. service call.

If it wasn't for sites like this one...

You all know what i mean...

Regards

signage

I just read a good article on inkjet printers and it said that most of the problems arise from not being maintained properly. They need cleaned and the wipers and capping stations need to be looked at regularly.

dzign

I've been using my Valuejet for a few months now and it's going very well. I like being able to plot on my Graphtec while printing on the Valuejet. The only problem I'm seeing is not related to the printer, but trying to keep the media clean. Anyone have experience with trying to clean the media if necessary prior to printing to avoid fish-eyes or dust and other trash? I've tried de-natured alcohol but you can see the the wiping in the print afterwards. I've had the suggestion to use tack-rags but haven't tried it yet.

javila

I buy most of the media I can in reverse wound, because the shop is a little on the dusty side. For media I can't find rw I have a pack of static cleaners(from a swifterjet I think) near the print to wipe down the outer layer before loading it. Though that can be a real pain with new(heavy)54" rolls.

keithack

Here are some recent pics of jobs we've done with our ValueJet. Awesome vibrant colors & NO BANDING at all---ever!

What setting are you using to get such vibrant color at 720x720? I recently purchased a ValueJet 1204 and Flexi Pro 8. Both are new to me. My prints at 1440x1440 on 'Quality 1' look absolutley amazing!! But when it try to do anything at 720x720 it looks washed out. The blue and the reds look like they were left out in the sun for too long.

Matt Cuellar

The key to any accurate output is accurate profiles. We customize all of our media profiles in house, and quite honestly, our 540x720 dpi prints look frickin' amazing! I've had to use 1440 ONCE to satisfy a customer that needed intense high quality, but our 720 dpi prints are our core and they are phenomenal. I don't think I've ever been this excited about a large format printer. Be sure that your dealer is providing you with accurate profiles (not canned junk that comes with the printer) or make sure you hook up with a company that can help in color management. It'll save you lots of time, headaches, and anything else in between.

Matt Cuellar

www.unicadigital.com
www.colormanaged.com

John Butto

banner settings

What heater settings (now use 35) should I go with on 10oz banner material (also which banner material is best to use) and does this matter for good ink adhesion so I will not get ink chipping or scratching off. Is it better to just use the "wave" and not "fine and wave" so the ink is not as thick.