• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VE-q54 and cutting stickers after contour cut.

altereddezignz

I have used all 8 of the setting in the perf line settings and also tried adjusting the offset from -5 to +5 with no real change. I have raised and lowered the blade in the holder and tried pressures from not cutting to massive amounts with no real effects in the amount of wave int he lines it cuts. I can lower the cut pressure to just cut the vinyl and it cuts very nice lines its as soon as it breaks the backing it gets very wavy.

JBarraxSW

I have used all 8 of the setting in the perf line settings and also tried adjusting the offset from -5 to +5 with no real change.
No offense, but this sentence, doesn't make sense. Hey, I'm a troubleshooting poet today.
But seriously,
Waves in your perforations are most likely caused by the vinyl flexing as you're cutting through the liner. To reduce that flexing, you need to shorten the dashes.
If you're changing the dash and gap pattern, your perf lines should be changing dramatically. The only way I can see that these changes wouldn't take effect is if you're not saving them in the Flexi Design Central window.

May I suggest that you email tech support so that one of our cutter techs can connect remotely to your PC and see what's amiss? You can reach them at techsupport@signwarehouse.com.

altereddezignz

No offense, but this sentence, doesn't make sense. Hey, I'm a troubleshooting poet today.
But seriously,
Waves in your perforations are most likely caused by the vinyl flexing as you're cutting through the liner. To reduce that flexing, you need to shorten the dashes.
If you're changing the dash and gap pattern, your perf lines should be changing dramatically. The only way I can see that these changes wouldn't take effect is if you're not saving them in the Flexi Design Central window.

May I suggest that you email tech support so that one of our cutter techs can connect remotely to your PC and see what's amiss? You can reach them at techsupport@signwarehouse.com.

What i meant by this line was that on the control panel of the plotter there are only 7 or 8 line types that you can use unless you input your own.

I have been unsuccessful in getting flexi to tell the plotter how to cut the perf lines. I mean it is simple really from what i read.

Create a circle.
Create a contour cut.
Create a second contour cut and apply the dash's from the drop down menu.
Change color of the second contour cut line.
Send to plotter.
When it asks about sending the second color cut line change the tool position to the front and change the condition to condition 8. Unless i enable the perf cut line on the plotter to on and select a number for the perf cut line design it will not cut a perf line.

JBarraxSW

How to Cut Perf Lines

I have been unsuccessful in getting flexi to tell the plotter how to cut the perf lines.

Here are the instructions, excepted from my blog article.

When you apply the second contour cut, you’ll need to change the path from a solid to a perforated line. In the Design Central Contour Cut toolbox, the second window from the top is the Stoke Style window. Click on the arrow at the right of the window to open the drop down menu for various standard line styles. You’ll see that most of the options are different perforation patterns. I’ve found that none of these are really ideal for pop out decals, but that’s okay because we can edit one and optimize it.
The Customize Line Styles window lets you optimize the perforation pattern by entering specific values for the dashes and gaps.
Select a perforated line style from the drop down list. Then right click to open the drop down menu again and, from the bottom of the list, select “Edit”. This will open the Customize Line Styles window (Fig 2). Here, you can optimize the perforation pattern by entering specific values for the dashes and gaps. The dashes are the sections the blade will cut. The gaps are the sections it will leave intact.

altereddezignz

I have tried this exact link or instructions before and get the same outcome. The blade dropps and just makes a solid cut. But let me ask this on my second line do I change the color of the line to the perfcut instead of contour cut? I have tried it many times with it being contour cut but only way I am able to get it to cut is to set it on the plotter screen physically

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Since, if memory serves, your Q54 is really a Graphtec in disguise, what is the setting of the 'Condition Priority' in the 'Background Settings'? 'Manual' or 'Program'? You want to make sure it's set to 'Manual' so that the software cannot override your control panel settings.

altereddezignz

Maybe this will help. Here is a sinple file with 3 blocks in it. I have the contour line set up every way i can.

Now here is my question. Should i depend on the plotter itself in the condition to set the cut line or depend on flexi to adjust the cut line pattern?

Maybe the test files i have made will help someone figure out why i can only get the perf to cut if it is set up to cut on the plotter itself.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71032149/test_contour.zip

It kinda hard to say what i need to say and it sound right..

I ahve watched video after video and the only thing they change on the plotter itself is the tool location and to a different condition that is set for the tool to be in location 2. Nothing is ever said about assigning a cut line pattern from the plotter itself. It is all done from the software. This is where my issues lies. No matter what i do it never cuts a perf line.
I have set the contour cut to a perfcontourcut, contourcut, dashed lines and no dashed lines, edited the dash lines. set to change the driver type and the condition per line color and so on with it never cutting a dashed or a perf line from the software itself.