• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vector In AI

Ed

- Place your image in AI
- Hit "Live Trace" button (if you can't see it check "Control" from the Window drop-down menu)
- In the same Control window, there are options you can play with, some pre-set ones like "black & white" or "6 colours"... but I almost always open the icon next to that & fiddle with the parameters myself... just be sure to have the "Preview" button checked so you can see the results of your settings.
- OK / Done.

:)

petepaz

i have used that vector magic
and i think it does a better job than illust. but if you have to use illust. do what ed said
i wonder how mush longer that vector magic will be around and free
it looks like it is some kind of educational thing i think it is through stanford univ.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Must be stupid or have an older AI version. Under object no trace.
Vector Doctor to the rescue. Thanks Eric.

petepaz

use the vector magic very little for you to do except upload your file
the illust. version has a lot more settings you have to fool with and maybe i am just not that good at using it

maybe vector magic is saving all the logos we up load and the sell them on the side

Robert H. Bigart

Use Inkscape for tracing it does a super job and it'a Free.

Bob Bigart

Attachments

• Caboose&Tankcar.jpg
    Caboose&Tankcar.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 123