• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vectorising help

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
One man's art is another kid's scribble. Just sayin. You couldn't pay me to hang a Picasso in my home. That's why we all have different tastes...so the world doesn't get stale.

T_K

One man's art is another kid's scribble. Just sayin. You couldn't pay me to hang a Picasso in my home. That's why we all have different tastes...so the world doesn't get stale.

I'd take your money to hang a Picasso in my home. But I don't know anyone who'd be willing to pay for that service.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

I really dislike stale potato chips, especially on a humid day outside on a picnic...... yuck-O.

As stated before, This image was painted using watercolor. It can only be imitated with gradients. It can and has been done. The plugin I mentioned in an earlier post does work well for blowing up the image without it being pix-elated. Instead it compensated for pixels and blurs the colors slightly. The outline to cut will be to drawn around the image in vector form. Email me and we can talk about vector options or I can provide you will the scaled up image with cut line. I am assuming this is for a tattoo shop.

It is surprising to me the amount of people here who don't know the original "9 year old" artist. I guess is we all come from different worlds and different backgrounds. Hell I used to drawl this mans images over and over again and practice spit shading. He was a major influence on me and countless others. Our military men from decades ago are still proudly wearing his art. Almost all tattoo artist today would say they have some how been influenced by this man. Yes hands and feet and body proportions are not 100% anatomical but that is just part what makes it great.

Don't look ignorant, do some research. I don't think 90% of the signs made today that people would call "art" can even hold a candle to the legacy Sailor Jerry has created. Defiantly not that congratulations little sussie graduation banner or room 101 suite sign, that get pounded out everyday in sign shops around the world.

I will leave this here...
[video=youtube;4JkG3jk4DkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JkG3jk4DkA[/video]

Thanks for posting this so I didn't have to. Very well said.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
this guy is famous for not having any clue about human anatomy ;)

Before you run with that thought you might want to have a squint at some of old Pablo's early works, done back before he started painting ladies with both eyes on one side of their nose. He was an accomplished draftsman and adept at realistic representations.

Unlike the talent-free Janis Joplin who sang as she did because it's all the she knew and was incapable of performing otherwise, Pablo painted as he did because he wanted to, not because he couldn't do anything else.

Whether you like his works or not, his talent and skill are undeniable.

Marlene

Before you run with that thought you might want to have a squint at some of old Pablo's early works, done back before he started painting ladies with both eyes on one side of their nose. He was an accomplished draftsman and adept at realistic representations.

Unlike the talent-free Janis Joplin who sang as she did because it's all the she knew and was incapable of performing otherwise, Pablo painted as he did because he wanted to, not because he couldn't do anything else.

Whether you like his works or not, his talent and skill are undeniable.

his skill being undeniable is a matter of opinion and that applies to many painters. I've seen art painted by cows, horses and dogs that look better than a Jackson Pollock but there are those out there who swear he was a genius. I believe he was a genius as he pawned off that crap on people as art

oksigns

As stated before, This image was painted using watercolor. It can only be imitated with gradients. It can and has been done. The plugin I mentioned in an earlier post does work well for blowing up the image without it being pix-elated. Instead it compensated for pixels and blurs the colors slightly. The outline to cut will be to drawn around the image in vector form. Email me and we can talk about vector options or I can provide you will the scaled up image with cut line. I am assuming this is for a tattoo shop.

It is surprising to me the amount of people here who don't know the original "9 year old" artist. I guess is we all come from different worlds and different backgrounds. Hell I used to drawl this mans images over and over again and practice spit shading. He was a major influence on me and countless others. Our military men from decades ago are still proudly wearing his art. Almost all tattoo artist today would say they have some how been influenced by this man. Yes hands and feet and body proportions are not 100% anatomical but that is just part what makes it great.

Don't look ignorant, do some research. I don't think 90% of the signs made today that people would call "art" can even hold a candle to the legacy Sailor Jerry has created. Defiantly not that congratulations little sussie graduation banner or room 101 suite sign, that get pounded out everyday in sign shops around the world.

I will leave this here...
[video=youtube;4JkG3jk4DkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JkG3jk4DkA[/video]

I just passed by a window perf job today I forgot about that had a huge sailor jerry artwork on it and I immediately thought of this post.

Marlene

case closed on what is art :)

sorry to hijack your thread! what some consider great art others laugh at and we were less than kind over the pirate, strange booby girl. you have a couple of choices. you can scan this on a high res and print it or you can take it into Photoshop, remove all the colors and then work on the black lines that are left to make sure they are all connected in a way that you can reassign colors once you vectorize it. look for gaps between and fill them in so what you end up with looks like a coloring book image. then vectorize that and refill the colors.

Attachments

• compared.jpg
    compared.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 77