• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Waiver Form

rdmdarr

What are some of you using for a waiver form when you work on a vehicle. Something that would protect you when you are doing an install and a piece of paint comes off and the customer wants to hold you liable for a new paint job. I asked a buddy of mine who works for a franchise sign shop and they don't have one.

Am i being too cautious and paranoid?

DesireeM

I don't think you are being too paranoid. If you are aware of important information and you do not share that information with the customer then you're just asking for problems.

We always inform our clients of the potential risks and complications of applying/removing a wrap, as well as their responsibilities (informing us if the vehicle is freshly painted for example). It's a copy/pasted script which I adjust for each individual client. Usually we do this through email so it's in writing (or they sign a printed document) and end it with "Please read the above information thoroughly. If approved please reply with the following statement “I have read and agree to the provided quote, terms, and conditions.”

I'm not sure if this is legally binding. We are not really worried about legal issues. It's more so that the customer understands the importance of the provided information. And it covers you so they can't say "I didn't know that"

2B

Not paranoid at all.

We have several waivers depending on the services / products being done.

and they are very handy as people RARELY remember what you tell them.