• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Wrap Warranty???

"Deposit Please"

For a long term vehicle wrap using proper media/lam. I want to see where were at with installation warranty. Do you provide ...none, 1 week, 30 days, 1yr?? seems like everyone expects or wants lifetime

MikePro

i offer the same warranty provided by the media manufacturers.

give em the best buy treatment... warrantee'd for x.days/months/years, BUT if you pay an extra $X00.00 we can extend the warranty for another 2 years! (3M offers a 5year warranty, i believe)

wildside

we offer a 1 year warranty

no matter what the manufacturer says, when they are rough on it 2 years from now, the manufacturer will do the old "installers fault" and not cover anything at all - we feel if it is going to fail based on something we did, it will happen in the first 2-3 months

be realistic in the expectations, inform them they can run 10 ads in 10 days in the news paper and pay $300 for a half page ad (check local listings), or pay 3 grand (same amount) for something that is around for 3-4 years with proper care

education is the key

MontereySigns

This is a good question and I am curious to hear other shops answers.

Out here in California, there is no lifetime expectation for a vehicle wrap. Usually our customer has an expectation of 5 years (if they've done a little research online) or no expectation at all.

The warranty you offer should be the same or less than the brand of vinyl you offer. That way, you're not responsible should there be a defect in the materials. If there is any lifting of the graphics, that's usually installation error and the responsibility of the shop to fix. Excessive shrinkage, streaking in the media/laminate, premature fading or spotting are manufacturer warranty problems.

We are one of the few shops that don't use 3M. We've wrapped over 70 vehicles the last 3 years and the only failure we've had is on the perforated window vinyl. Bottom line is to CYA.

-Bud