• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Venting: F this life

Border

Really? You cannot influence this?

Agreed!
You can either be passive or aggressive about the things you want to change in your life, and you only get so much time to live.
Personally, I would rather fail knowing that I tried instead of staying in something I KNOW is a dead end path.

rjssigns

Really? You cannot influence this?

Recent example. Very talented friend of mine worked his way up the food chain. Pushing driving towards a supervisory position. Thought that's what he wanted. Now he's got it. He called me and said he wants to claw his eyes out. Was nothing like he expected and now he is trapped.

We humans have an uncanny ability of convincing ourselves what we should be doing or what job we should have. Thinking we have the bases covered when in fact we have omitted large pieces of the puzzle in an effort to rationalize a move.

Be very careful what you wish for. You may actually get it.

Jillbeans

Hey, at least you still have a job. It could be worse.
Or you could have to get a job at a freaking deli after 27 years of self employment and have to wait on your least favorite customer who asks
"So you aren't making the signs anymore?"
:)
Love....Jill

ucmj22

Thanks for all of the kind words. I'm feeling better today and moving forward. Sorry about your situation Jill, and thanks for the perspective.

SD&F

It can be really frustrating, especially when you feel like things are just not happening fast enough for you. Keep beating the bushes and try to be patient. I do believe that when the timing is right, the right thing will come along. I totally agree with " Be careful of what you wish for". Have the faith