• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Verizon Droid Phones...Which One to get?

Border

Currently looking at the DROID Bionic by Motorola and the Samsung Stratospere with full slide-out keyboard.

Any input would be great from people that have them already and anyone who knows of a current great deal. (probably already missed that on Friday!)

Want to make sure I get a phone that I can live with for the next 20 months. I currently have a Blackberry Storm2 on the Verizon network. -I'll sell it real cheap if anyone wants it. It was new under Warranty in July.

mygraphicsshop

Me personally.. I would wait till the beginning of December and get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. That phone will last you years and updates are maintained by Google not Verizon. Not only that but it is a beast of a phone.

I have a Droid X and love it (although I'm sure there are much better phones available now). To each his own, but I would not want a physical keyboard. Once you master Swype, I don't think you'd want to go back to a keyboard.

FatCat

Me personally.. I would wait till the beginning of December and get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. That phone will last you years and updates are maintained by Google not Verizon. Not only that but it is a beast of a phone.

Agreed, I've had the regular Samsung Galaxy for about a year and a half (Verizon) and it has been a great phone. I really like the AMOLED display - way brighter and sharper picture than any other phones. However, the ability to have 4G would be sweet and is the only thing I would want on my current Galaxy.

Border

What's so awesome and different about the upcoming Nexus???

The Thunderbolt looks pretty good too.

Graphics2u

I've had an HTC Incredible 2 for a few months and I like it. My Brother has a Thunderbolt but he says it's a battery hog. Took a while to get used to touch screen, since I had my old phone for about 6 years! It was ancient and my kids were making fun of me so had to get rid of it. :smile:

petepaz

i thought i would have trouble adjusting to the full touch screen with no slide out key pad but it's no problem. i have the htc thunderbolt for about 6 months and no problems ( i am sure there are better, faster, phones now but mine is good for what i need to do)
4G service is good, opens pdf, dwg, jpg and power point files also has an office program for spread sheets ( i haven't had to use that yet but good to know it's there)

petepaz

I've had an HTC Incredible 2 for a few months and I like it. My Brother has a Thunderbolt but he says it's a battery hog. Took a while to get used to touch screen, since I had my old phone for about 6 years! It was ancient and my kids were making fun of me so had to get rid of it. :smile:
i think with any phone if you go online alot or watch a lot of videos you will have battery issues. i charge my thunder bolt every other day. i know people with iphones and they say the same thing..if you are on line alot or download/watch videos it uses a lot of the battery life so i have a car charger and the usb/plug charger so i can charge where ever i am

Graphics2u

i think with any phone if you go online alot or watch a lot of videos you will have battery issues. i charge my thunder bolt every other day. i know people with iphones and they say the same thing..if you are on line alot or download/watch videos it uses a lot of the battery life so i have a car charger and the usb/plug charger so i can charge where ever i am
Yeah I'm sure that's true with about any of the phones now. The online stuff really kills the battery life. I usually charge mine everynight, i could get by most of the time with every other day but i just like keeping it charged. I have been told, not sure if it's correct or not that the 4G phones do use more battery if you run in 4G. Anyone know about that?

SignBurst PCs

I love my Droid Bionic! I didn't like the battery life until I learned to use the Power Control Widget. Now my battery seems to last all day and then some. Other than that, it has been trouble free. I think that we get the Ice Cream Sandwich update too.

Last edited:

mygraphicsshop

Yeah I'm sure that's true with about any of the phones now. The online stuff really kills the battery life. I usually charge mine everynight, i could get by most of the time with every other day but i just like keeping it charged. I have been told, not sure if it's correct or not that the 4G phones do use more battery if you run in 4G. Anyone know about that?

4g will use more battery.

Border

I love my Droid Bionic! I didn't like the battery life until I learned to use the Power Control Widget. Now my battery seems to last all day and then some. Other than that, it has been trouble free. I think that we get the Ice Cream Cone update too.

If it gets the Ice Cream update then that would be pretty sweet, no?

mygraphicsshop

It would be awesome if it gets Ice Cream Sandwich. But that is the thing with those phones its a big IF. With a Google device like the Galaxy Nexus since its a development phone it is the first device to receive any update Google has available. It could take anywhere between 3mon-1.5yrs for that update to come to any other phone. By then the carrier may have dropped support for that phone. The Galaxy Nexus is rumored to cost $199.00 on contract when it comes out. If anybody here has not owned a Google development android device I highly suggest it. You will not be disappointed. These devices run faster and more stable then any other non-google devices. I would know I have owned them all.

I love my Motorola Bionic! (I had waited for the damn thing to ship since CES). Battery life was my main concern, but aggressive configuration of Advanced Task Killer gives me 2-3 days between recharges, and that is in a 4G area.