• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm Printing problems

hoops

Hi guys we have a versacamm that was left printing over night and the black and cyan printhead have seemed to dry-up, I have tried everything to get it going and nothing helps, ive done head wash etc and even squirted cleaning solvent through the printhead with a syringe and tube and this came trough the printhead no problem so it doesn't seem to be blocked and ive also put in new dampers and the pump seems to be sucking the ink through ok on a cleaning cycle. just wondering has anybody had this problem before and have any ideas on how to fix...
Thanks in advance guys...
Tom

petepaz

do you have the cleaning fluid cartridges did you run them through thesystem
maybe the clog was not in the print head or maybe some sort of sensor problem
from the cartridge area
just guessing here at things to check also did you try roland tech support
good luck

hoops

Hi i've been using the same bulk ink system this past year with no problems, an im tryin to leave roland tech as a last resort.
Thanks

FrankW

Normally the Print heads do not dry up overnight, specially if original Eco-Solvent-Ink is used and the inks are covered with the cap tops. Because you use a bulk system, it could be different with your system.

One cause why a complete head do not fire one single dot is that the fuse on the head board (Versacamm Mainboard) who secures the head is damaged. A technician would test that by changing the flat cables from one head to the other. If your VersaCamm is a VP they can be replaced easily, if it is an SP the fuses are solded.

Another Problem could be that the air holes of the Bulk System are closed due to any reason. But If you can pull ink through head and cap top with a syringe, this won't be the cause. If this has happened, you can't pull ink with a syringe.

Warning: If you want to do the test with connecting the head cables crossover, be shure to disconnect the printer from electricity. And before connecting it again, be shure the cables are firmly plugged in. Better call a technician.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from US of A................................

Try a few power cleans. It sounds as if your cartridges went empty and you created a vacuum and nothing is coming through any longer.

hoops

Hi guys thanks for the help I will have a go and i'll get back to you's and let you know how I got on..
Cheers
Tom

hoops

Hi again guys, I tried changing over the flat cables and now im not getting any print from any of the heads. I unpluged the machine before doing so, now I don.t know what to do, it's lookin like im gonna have to get a roland tech in to sort it out..

FrankW

Hi again guys, I tried changing over the flat cables and now im not getting any print from any of the heads. I unpluged the machine before doing so, now I don.t know what to do, it's lookin like im gonna have to get a roland tech in to sort it out..

Yes, get a tech. But with your symptoms, it could be that the head is the reason for the problems (second fuse damaged perhabs by the head too). But all fuses are on one part, there are no additional costs if one or two fuses damaged.

hoops

Hi Frank is it possible I could have blown the other fuse by swapping over the flat cables, I made sure the machine was unplugged at the time..
Cheers

hoops

Hi guys the tech put in a new main board and a new print head, the machine is going again but I now seem to have a magenta overspray on all my prints I think im gonna need to call him out again..
Cheers

selt

Over spray is generally a dirty print nozzle or a run-out head. You can try cleaning it yourself or calling out the tech again.

I'm guessing he replaced the black and cyan head since that is where you noticed the first problem. From that, I'm also guessing he did not touch the magenta and yellow head.

Precision Eng

I've got a similar problem which came up over the weekend with my sp-300, only it was the other head that quit working. In talking with the Roland tech. this morning I found that the fuse for the print head is blown on the main board. Would be nice if they were easy to change, but there not.

Dave L.

If there is a magenta overspray, he may not have touched the yellow/magenta printhead , but he did not do the verticle test and mesh up the two heads. Thus magenta (faintly) is bordering the beginning of the print and solids within. If the overspray only occurs in the feed direction ..presto.